Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Wired Sync trouble with Calendar and Vista Native application - Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I have three problems.  I am a new user and am not very tech savy  .I have had the device for one month and have had numerous and random trouble syncing.  I have Vista and am doing a wired sync. 

1.  Sometimes when I go to sync my device, it wants to sync the apointment times in my device with a time that is off by 8 or 10 hours into the future.  I have checked the time zone setting in the PC and the device and they are the same.  I keep playing around with the configuration settings to sync one way, or both ways, looked at mapping and I have no idea how to fix it.  I have also loaded and reloaded the software.  I think this worked once, (because it was right a few days ago) but then when I went to sync days later the same issue arose.  This seems to be happening randomly over the past month.

2.  Again, randomly over the past month I notice that when I go to sync, ramdom changes will pop up asking if I want to make the change to either the device or the PC.  But I didnt do any changes!!  Why is this random change suddenly popping up?

3.  I seem to have set up two calendars on the device and I only want one.  It is mapped to the calendar on my PC, but that is not the default calendar on the device.  I want it to be the default.  Because of that when I make a change to my device default, it does not sync to the PC.

I would really appreciate any help I can get as I have spent HOURS on this already.

Is this problem due partly to the fact I do not have Outlook?  SHould I upgrade to that?