Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Wireless Synchronisation

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Wireless Synchronisation option back on Contact Options?

Ta,

Ed

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Wireless Synchronisation

Hello,

For BIS, if you are using a supported email service, then it will be automatically provided. If you are using an unsupported email service, then it will not be available. If your BB OS level is inadequate, then it will not be available. See this KB for guidance:

• KB22430 How to enable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

If you are on BES, then talk to your BES admins.

If you are on BIS, and your email service supports it, and your BB OS also supports it, then I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts (you may need to remove all of them, wait perhaps an hour, and then reconfigure them). Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks. Well I know the phone is supported as my wife's is exactly the same and has the wireless option on a yahoo account. The email account I am trying to sync with is also yahoo.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

OK...well that's the first part of everything I provided to you...what about the rest?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Well I don't know! Phone is supported and wife uses a yahoo account which is supported and I know I had the option previously. You have helped me before actually, I lost all my contacts and could get them back from backup. You advised to defeat all wireless options and so thought it may have some thing to do with this, but cannot find the setting anywhere!

Hall of Famer III

You don't know? What, you can't read the 3-step process (register HRT, resend Service Books, reboot) that I gave you above? I'm confused...please help me to help you...

As for what has been previously discussed, with only 6 posts, you have a much better chance at remembering that than I do (with over 33,000 posts)...but, in general, if one is using the wireless contact sync method, then the desktop restore will be defeated since it would be redundant to the fact that the server already contains what is required. If a restore is needed, then that would come from the server rather than from the PC-based restore process. If the server data has become corrupt, then one needs to be very careful about what they do...e.g., make sure to clear off the server data completely, defeat the wireless sync capability, restore to the BB from the backup, then re-enable the wireless sync capability and ensure that all data winds up in both places again and is synchronizing correctly. I don't know what we discussed before though...

As for where the settings are, well they would be in the same place you found them previously to defeat them...

I'm honestly not trying to be difficult btw...I'm trying to understand your situation from just what is posted in this thread...and the details from you in this thread are rather sparse, so I'm having to make a bunch of guesses...

Contributor

No fine, I'm just struggling a little with technical ability and words!! I just gave you the info on previous problem as thought it could be helpful!!

Right I've tried steps 1-3 you gave but no luck. Will do what you talk about if what you suggested fails!

Also, am trying to link my wife's phone to a new computer and there is no Yahoo option in the configure section of the contact part of organizer area. Any idea?

Thanks.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Usually, the wireless sync options are in Contacts >Options and click on the yahoo contact list. There should be a box to check to turn on wireless sync.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Hall of Famer III

ebmurray wrote:

Right I've tried steps 1-3 you gave but no luck.

Hmmm...perhaps this is those words again...for you see, from "no luck", I can deduce that:

1. One of the steps failed to result exactly as described, and you therefore stopped there and did not proceed (since, being steps, the success of one is required before proceeding to the next)
  2. Or -- that the steps did result as described, but you still do not see, in the email configuration wizard, the selection for Wireless Contact sync on this account.

From your words, I can equally interpret either of those outcomes, so I am, like you, now stuck...not knowing the outcome prevents me from recommending a next step for you.

ebmurray wrote:

Also, am trying to link my wife's phone to a new computer and there is no Yahoo option in the configure section of the contact part of organizer area. Any idea? 

I have no idea what you are attempting there. The configuration of email is an on-device activity (it can be done via other means, but I'm guessing it's the on-device email configuration wizard you are using)...so I am not at all sure what you are trying to do here... I thought you said that your wife's BB was working fine though? So I'm equally stuck as to why this is even being attempted...

Contributor

No luck, means the option did not work. I tried steps 1 and 2 and got responses for both so followed through as per your instructions. I then even took the battery out as thought that could help. Option is still not there. It is on my wife's which is why I think it just a tick box I have somewhere on my device that isn't correct.
My wife's phone is fine, but as I said we have a new computer so have loaded to lateset Blackberry software on and then, tried to configure the contacts so they linked with her Yahoo account, but again no luck!