Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Wireless Synchronisation

ebmurray wrote:
No luck, means the option did not work. I tried steps 1 and 2 and got responses for both so followed through as per your instructions.

Ah, ok...so you received all required responses, into your Messages app, from each. Good.

ebmurray wrote:
I then even took the battery out as thought that could help.

Ummm...well, that was step 3 after all, wasn't it??? Maybe I missed something...

ebmurray wrote:
Option is still not there. It is on my wife's which is why I think it just a tick box I have somewhere on my device that isn't correct.

You still have not quite said exactly where "there" is..."there" could be a few places...on the device interface to the email setup wizard, via a PC/browser to your carrier BIS website, via your BB Browser to www.blackberry.com/integrate...in order to properly understand you situation, you need to be 100% complete and accurate...otherwise, you leave us to guess...

You also have not said anything about what there was, after step 3, in the process above...so I remain reluctant to provide you with anything new, since from what I read from you, you have yet to truly complete all that has already been provided to you...unless, again, I remain ignorant to your situation...

ebmurray wrote:

My wife's phone is fine, but as I said we have a new computer so have loaded to lateset Blackberry software on and then, tried to configure the contacts so they linked with her Yahoo account, but again no luck!

And also irrelevant. When using wireless contact sync between the BB and Yahoo, there is no interaction with the Desktop Software at all... Unless, of course, I am still not quite understanding your situation...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Ok thanks for the help with my wife's phone.

Your option 3 was not clear in itself, you do not actually state to carry this step out. Only if at "anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in" So no I disagree this was a step after all! Nothing happened after completing the batt pull reboot btw.

FYI. "There" is contacts menu > options > yahoo user account.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

ebmurray wrote:

Your option 3 was not clear in itself, you do not actually state to carry this step out. Only if at "anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in" So no I disagree this was a step after all! 

Well, I did preface with these words:

• "...I suggest the following steps, in order..."

Hence, step 3 (the batt pull reboot) was always intended to be carried out after the success of steps 1 and 2...but no matter...

ebmurray wrote:

FYI. "There" is contacts menu > options > yahoo user account. 

Wait...where are you looking for the ability to configure wireless contact sync? You say you are looking at "contacts menu > options > yahoo user account"? Unless I am mistaken (I may not at all be understanding that command string), that's not the place at all...rather, it is within the on-device email configuration wizard...there is a section within the Yahoo account configuration with check boxes for the additionally supported capabilities (e.g,. contacts and deleted items):

• KB22430 How to enable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Ok fair enough, but the 3rd step still sounded like an option to turn to if things were slow/not appearing right.

"Wait...where are you looking for the ability to configure wireless contact sync?"

I am aware of the on-device email configuration wizard  to set the wireless contact synchronisation. I have done this on tens of occasions. Everytime I return to check the setting it is then un checked for wireless configuration. So is it something here that's corrupting my phone!? May need a new phone!!

Hall of Famer III

ebmurray wrote:

Ok fair enough, but the 3rd step still sounded like an option to turn to if things were slow/not appearing right.

You are the first to experience that conflict, so perhaps I'll adjust my wording in the future.

ebmurray wrote:

"Wait...where are you looking for the ability to configure wireless contact sync?"

I am aware of the on-device email configuration wizard  to set the wireless contact synchronisation. I have done this on tens of occasions.

Oh...I did not know that. Please understand that I'm having a lot of trouble, from the words you use in your posts, understanding exactly what you are doing. Indeed, the most recent command string you provided (in post 12) was quite odd to see, and indicated to me that you were attempting this somewhere completely different than what is required.

ebmurray wrote:

Everytime I return to check the setting it is then un checked for wireless configuration. 

So, every time you configure for OTA contact sync within the Email Configuration Wizard -- but when you immediately go back into the same wizard, the box is mysteriously unchecked? That is indeed odd...

ebmurray wrote:

So is it something here that's corrupting my phone!? May need a new phone!!

Yes to the first, "not yet" to the second.

First you would want to try many other steps to try and rule in/out the actual root cause of this. Things like Wiping, Reloading the OS, performing a "bare bones" OS install, etc. would be steps you could take to try and cure this. From what I'm guessing you have most recently described, I would deduce OS level corruption...for which a clean OS reload is the normal first remedy attempt (some start with a WIPE, but I honestly don't find any benefit of the WIPE more than the reload, so I always just start with the reload).

Good luck and let us know!

Contributor

"Please understand that I'm having a lot of trouble, from the words you use in your posts, understanding exactly what you are doing."

I'm not sure I quite agree with you! My initial post on the fourm was as follows;

Can anyone tell me how I can get the Wireless Synchronisation option back on Contact Options?

I'm not sure how that could have been detailed anymore clearly, as long as you know Blackberry's? Contact Options is the Option field when you access the Contact option btw. Sorry if that was unclear.

Thanks for your help though.

Hall of Famer III

OK...you win...good luck.

Contributor

Again, thanks for your help and I will let you know of I get anywhere.
You're a good sport and understand some of the **bleep** you must take!
Cheers.
Hall of Famer III

Those of us who volunteer a lot of time around here do receive plenty of **bleep**, and precious little else...

Contributor

Hi! Turns out the problem I have is with my email account not having the Wireless option! It is a Yahoo account, but is actually BTopenworld.com! Apologies for wasting your time!