Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Wireless Synchronization

Please Help!!  I cannot sync my calender or contacts with my desktop software as it is wirelessly syncing.  Blackberry tells me a have to disable it, and hives me the instructions to do so - calender-menu-options-turn off wireless sync.  But I do not see this under Options.  where can I find it?  How do i turn it off so i can sync my phone?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Wireless Synchronization

Hi there Smiley Happy , this link explains how to disable Wireless Synchronisation: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04976

Thanks but under 'options' i dont have a choice of 'Desktop' or anything related to 'wireless sync'

Regular Contributor

Navigate to the calender application on the smartphone and launch it.  Then press the Blackberry Key, scroll to options and scroll down to Accounts and select the account you wish to edit to launch the Properties.  Scroll down and de select Wireless Synchronisation Smiley Happy

That was it! (you have to press save or it wont recognize your change)

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!
Regular Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy , would you mind marking it as an accepted solution for me? Smiley Happy

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I am experiencing similar issues - syncing calendar, contacts and tasks.  When I follow instructions below, there is no option for "wireless synchronization" when I go under calendar or contacts.  I've tried both  while connected to PC and freestanding.  Also tried "wi fi" off under general options tab on home screen with no success.  Have been experiencing lack of success with fully syncing my lists and calendar now for at least 2 weeks.