Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Wireless not connecting

So I am having this terrible time with my BB Wi-fi.  What the problem? OK the problem is, since day one I have got this phone blackberry torch, I have tried to connect to my home network to my phone via WI-fi.  Every time it tried to connect I would get the message: "failed to associate with the network".  My cousin and my neighbor both having I-phone can connect to my network but my phone can't.  So I have tried to go to neighbor's place and tried to get connected via his router.  The signal strength was perfect and it showed its connected to his router.  Then opened the "browser" from my phone and it tells me that its can not be connected. If the problem still occurs, pleas contact your provider.  

Was on the phone with ATT for 2 hrs. They couldn't do it so the rep suggested me to go to local ATT store and have them checked out.  When I went there the girl offered me new phone to see if this work.  (not checking my phone as she said we don't do that) but any who. Came home and tried again still same problem.  Guys does anyone have steps on how to connect and get your browser running?  Tried manually connecting to it and stil same problem.  

I have my Data service is off mode as i don't have data plan so dont want to use that rather want to use my wi-fi on the phone.  

Does anyone have same problem or have any step by step instruction for me.  Please help...

Thanks

MS

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Wireless not connecting

you have to turn data services on to use data over wifi

the browser should use wifi first according to this

Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V