Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Wireless

I use my BB Torch in a wide variety of WiFi Hot Spots successfully.  However about a month ago, the BB can't use my Home Wireless system.  It shows that it is connected but can't access any sites.  I disable my Home wireless on the BB and I can easily access the internet through 3G.

Three computers and two iPhones use my wireless network with no problems.  I have deleted it from the BB and reinstalled my Home network and still I have a problem.

I am using a WPA2 Personal Network on a Netgear wireless router.  Sometimes the BB also shows my Home network as a WEP network and requires a hexidecimal key.  How can the BB get two different networks from my router.  I haven't tried to find the hexidecimal key. 

Any ideas why my BB, all of a sudden, cannot use my network while all my other wireless devices work fine?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Wireless

Start by deeting the wireless profile on your BB, then reboot the router. To do this, simply unplug it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Also reboot your BB for good measure by removing the battery for 15-30 seconds. Once you've done that, setup your wireless connection again.

Does that help? If not, let us know what OS you're running on the device. You can get the info by typing *myver* (minus the stars) in something like the memo pad, or anywhere with a text box.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks! It now works!!!  When it searched for my home network it found it with WPA2 Personal and WEP.  I ignored the WEP.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Excellent! Enjoy and feel free to come back whenever you have any other questions! Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!