Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9860 torch
My Carrier: Airtel

Won't Boot

[ Edited ]

I am in full frustating mode read all the articles available support forum for rebboting issue 

1. using desktop manager .

2. using web update software .

3. Nothing is working 

Current scenarion Model Blackberry torch 9860  

when i insert the battery the booting starts for and  continues for 60 % and go back ,red lights blinks

and phone starts booting again . 

** I request any one who has some good technical expertise on the same please assist  me on the same i need my phone badly 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Won't Boot

[ Edited ]

sajalraaj wrote:

I am in full frustating mode read all the articles available support forum for rebboting issue 

1. using desktop manager .

2. using web update software .

3. Nothing is working 

Current scenarion Model Blackberry torch 9860  

when i insert the battery the booting starts for and  continues for 60 % and go back ,red lights blinks

and phone starts booting again . 

** I request any one who has some good technical expertise on the same please assist  me on the same i need my phone badly 

Hello,

Given that your situation is completely different than the OP's, please stand by while the kind mods split out your off-topic post to a thread all it's own. Then perhaps someone can provide you with the information you desire.

Stand by...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi , can you help me in this situtation , my phone is still in the same condition ie phone freezes while booting 

model 9860 torch . PLease advise can be done to get the phone working 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Unfortunately, the brevity of your problem and solution attempt descriptions preclude truly knowing what you have exactly attempted...hence, we risk redundancy, and apologize in advance for that.

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi 

In  KB27956  till step 06 everything goes fine but after that while uploading the software, it get stucks in booting 

and phone starts booting and after 60 % of booting it starts booting again ,please advise same .

THANKS A LOT FOR SUCH A QUICK RESPONSE , IT HAS GIVEN ME A RAY OF HOPE THAT MY PHONE

WILL START WORKING .... THANKS A TON  

Hall of Famer III

OK, please do this:

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.

You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the first option 

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB... 

when i move to option  4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

### my service provider which is Airtel is not listed over there ,so what other option can be worked on the same 

and in option 02 provided by you of Load your OS "bare bones 

can u provide me the url for the same 

Hall of Famer III

I don't think I quite understand your words...

First...none of these are "options"...they are steps, needing to be conducted in order, with each step succeeding as a prerequisite before proceeding to the next step. "Options" would imply the ability to choose to do one without the other..."Steps" means that there are no choices to make about conducting the step or not, each is required in order for the entire process to be valid.

sajalraaj wrote:

In the first option 

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB... 

As for this statement, I don't know if there is a question there or if it's just some statement...I don't understand...

sajalraaj wrote:

when i move to option  4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

### my service provider which is Airtel is not listed over there ,so what other option can be worked on the same 

Step 5 is what enables you to use any carriers OS package, as long as it is for your exact same model number. So you are free to choose from any carrier an OS package that is for your model number, as long as you properly then complete step 5.

sajalraaj wrote:

and in option 02 provided by you of Load your OS "bare bones 

can u provide me the url for the same 

I have no idea what URL you desire....the point of the "bare bones" process is to try different OS packages if the failure presents immediately, then to continue with the same OS package but with more and more of the options within it for installation to your BB as an iterative process to try and determine the root cause of your specific issue.

I think that I perhaps don't well understand your last post...so please try again to help me understand.

Thanks!

New Contributor

I have tried all the steps provided by you .
even through "app loader" in program files the steps were completed still in the end when my phone started booting it again got hung at the same stage .

Please advise what can be done in this particular scenario .
Hall of Famer III

How many different OS packages did you try with the Bare Bones process?

Also note carefully, please, what it says at the end of that section in my post above:

• "If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure."