Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

IA
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Telus

Won't recognize my blackberry ID or password

Had to replace the SIM card on my Curve 9360 today and now it won't recognize my BlackBerry ID or password.  It just says "please wait" and then does nothing for literally hours.  I can log in to the BlackBerry website fine so I know my login and password are correct.  My cell phone provider says it is a BlackBerry issue.  The log in screen gives you 10 tries to log in before it wipes your phone and I'm on try #8.  Any advice?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Won't recognize my blackberry ID or password

Hello !

There is an alternative for your problem to resolve.

What you do is connect your BlackBerry Smartphone with USB cable to Internet enabled desktop/laptop.

Go to the link mentioned below:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/

On top right  of the page there is a option "Sign In".

Login with your BlackBerry ID and password.

From here you can download all as you do it for Appworld.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

IA
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Won't recognize my blackberry ID or password

Thank you for your suggestion. The day of my original post I was able to back up my BB on the desktop but then had to wipe the phone and start again from factory settings. I couldn't figure out any other way to make it recognize my login and password (spent ages on the phone with my mobile provider tech supoort). Thankfully I was able to restore all info from my backup file.