Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Us Celullar

Wont connect to the internet!

I just got a new blackberry bold after the speaker went out on my last one. I went to the store had them switch everything over and I can not connect to the internet.

When I click the browser and try and go to a website it says "this is a WI-FI service. Please ensure you device has an active WI-FI connection and try again." Now I know that I have a wireless data plan set up and it never did this on my old phone.

I have also gone to the host routing table and it says message sent.

I don't know what to do and I do not wanna go back up to the store.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wont connect to the internet!

Try resending your  service books.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402 

Let us know if that helps.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

You can call up your network, they should be able to help you out.

Let us know if that helps.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: O2

I think you've just been unlucky with your timing. Where in the world are you? If you're in Europe or the Middle East, or possibly even India (from some reports I've seen), there is a major outage affecting BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) over wifi. Handsets are connecting to local wifi or hotspot but then not being able to connect to the BIS servers.

Probably it's a case of 'wait for RIM to fix it' but a quick chat to your service provider wouldn't hurt.

Does your wifi name show up at the top of your handset's home screen? If so, then it is connecting. But if the wifi icon doesn't light up that means no BIS connection.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

'does your wifi name show up at hte top of your handset's home screen? If so, then it is connecting. But if the wifi icon doesn't light up that means no BIS connection.'

What is BIS connectiong? and is there a way of fixing this because when I am at home I need it as I have poor signal for my network I am on.