Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Wont let me download apps

I bought my Blackberry bold off craigslist.com iv had this phone for about a month now and im trying to download a app now and its saying i have to use a email that is associated with the phone. and iv already make a BB account. is there anything that i can do about this 

Developer
My Device: 9900, waiting for LE Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Wont let me download apps

have u downloaded any app using ur id before ?
I think there is only one email ID that you can associate with ur BB ID, try logging in again. and what model of bold is it, along with OS version please
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: Wont let me download apps

Have you done a clean security wipe on the device after you bought the phone. If not, please do so before you try and use the phone as the phone may be registered with Blackberry ID. 

You can do the clean wipe using the Blackberry Desktop Software or from the device itself. 

Within the device on the homescreen type security wipe and the universal search should provide you access to the feature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.