Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Worked Fine until Recently and now have Calendar syncing problems

Blackberry Bold 9900

Outlook 2007

BBerry Desktop 7.1.0.41

I recently made some changes to email accounts etc and had no problem synching with Outlook for 4-5 weeks. Then I had an update and reboot a few days ago. Now I have problems synching my calendar (contacts seem ok), getting the following error:

Sychronization Error:

CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

Any ideas

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Worked Fine until Recently and now have Calendar syncing problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• Article ID: KB33247 "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Calendar with BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

II have not been able to resolve. The KB link doesn't work for me / bad page.

I have tried:

- reloading, software on computer and bberry

- deleted FB app

- to the best of my knowledge I do not have FB photos or links associated with any of my contacts

All other synch functions work except calendar. Currently going through contacts on BBerry to "clean up" removing categories and custom fields. I have a lot of contacts so it is taking a while.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Chipper-BC wrote:

II have not been able to resolve. The KB link doesn't work for me / bad page.

There must be something wrong with your internet connection...when I click the KB link, the article comes up fine. I can't know why it does not do so for you. The KB discusses as causal calendar items that are configured as recurring.

Chipper-BC wrote:

I have tried:

- reloading, software on computer and bberry

- deleted FB app

- to the best of my knowledge I do not have FB photos or links associated with any of my contacts

Is there a specific reason you have introduced FaceBook into this? You mentioned nothing about that in your first post...

Chipper-BC wrote:

All other synch functions work except calendar. Currently going through contacts on BBerry to "clean up" removing categories and custom fields. I have a lot of contacts so it is taking a while.

The KB continues with this:

Follow the steps below as a workaround to this issue:

1. Backup the Outlook Calendar data and create a backup of the BlackBerry smartphone to avoid potential data loss.
  2. Enable Sync logging in the Desktop Software using KB35714.
  3. Perform the sync to reproduce the error
  4. Open the Sync Log, see KB35714.
  5. Review the Sync Log to identify the appointment that caused the error.

Note: The appointment may be on the smartphone or in Microsoft Outlook.

Here is an example of a device identifier and an Outlook identifier:
    • Outlook Record Id: 000000008889A5D0FAA33046A44A560CD6B5215D04814800
    • Device Record Id: 6C77D3EE

6. Note all details of the appointment (for manual entry once error is cleared) and then delete the entry.
  7. Attempt to sync again.

Note: There may be multiple records affected so this process may need to be repeated until the error has cleared.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you.

I went directly to the KB section and searched for that info circular and managed to pull it up that way but thanks for the cut and paste. 

I mentioned FB as I had seen other posts on synch difficulties that referenced a connection to FB and since I had the FB app I thought that may be a possible problem.

I will try searching the logs for "bad" entries. I started late last night but the log was quite long and it took a long time to get to the end and by then my eyes were buggy  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

So how do you translate the record ID into an actual date/time to find the offending entry?

09:31:47.089 CRTranDB::GoToRecord : Record with ID 00000000E7E05456AB39774EB77D276C59FDE546645C7200 not found

And unforturnately I have a huge list of them!

Hall of Famer III

Unfortunately, I know nothing more than what the KB states...I have never experienced the issue, and therefore have only the referenced KB articles to provide you.

You might want to try a clean startover...if so, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Once again ... thank you.

I had already tried re-installing both the desktop software AND the blackberry software but not including the last (optional) step listed so perhaps I try again.

I just find it crazy that after working for 2 months (after changing from BES to "regular") and everything working fine that all of a sudden it doesn't want to synch my calendar!

Brenda

Hall of Famer III

Things go wrong with all computing devices...they are not perfect, and likely shall never be during my lifetime.

New Contributor

I think I finally have it fixed. The logs didn't make sense but along the same lines as the KB posting, I just kept synching to the stop point, start the synch again to see what the problem was, deleting the entries on both computer and device, and start all over again. Very long process. 

Also note that when I re-entered the items I had to delete, not to panic that they don't synch right away. I shut it all down and synched the next day and the re-entries finally synched. 

It appears most of the problems were recurrences and my guess when there were exceptions to the recurrence. I will lose some of the minor adjustments of those recurrences in my history but the guts of my calendar are intact again. Phew.

Thanks for your assistance.