Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Would like app world list available for browser

Hi.

I know this question has been asked before and somewhat answered, but then the original poster did not follow-up...

I would like to be able to access the list of available apps for App World on a regular computer since App World is VERY slow.

I am aware that your Blackberry cannot be detected this way, but hey, every major download site has a way of asking you for your operating system and then gives you the list of available downloads - why not Blackberry?

Browsing App World is VERY slow, the cell signal in my house is pretty weak which makes it even slower, there is no function to search only for free aps, there is no way to hide aps that you already checked, etc.

A lot of these things are a lot easier using a browser on your computer.

Is there ever going to be a browser list?

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Would like app world list available for browser

Hi there!

Per the TOS, we cannot discuss any forward-looking things...we are free to discuss how things presently function, but anything that is forward looking would be rumor and speculation only. I am sure that RIM has seen this request and is considering it. But they cannot release the process of that discussion nor the potential results of that discussion. If what you are seeking appears, then it will be announced at that time - but they cannot say, at this point, anything about the future of the topic.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................