Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Wrong area code when calling

Hi again,

When I try to call a number, my bb automatically dials +5255 and then the number I have in my address book... Where could I change this setting so the telephone dials only the number that is saved in my address book ??? Without the codes...

Thank you !!!!!!!!!  

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Wrong area code when calling

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Hit the green button menu key OPTIONS -SMART DIALING Check the country code I have mine set at unknown (I don't call overseas.) Yours is probably set for the +5255.

Let me know if you need any more help.

If this answers you question, please resolve the post, using the options to the right!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Hi! Try this. Click on you call log icon and then click the berry key and click options. Then click on smart dialing. Is your area code entered correctly here? If yes what does it say for your country code and national number length? If your area code is incorrect type it in correctly and then push the back arrow and save. Then try a test call to see if that works. Please let us know how it goes. Good luck.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks to both of you !!!!

Majo