Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Wrong icon responding

I have noticed that about every other other day I will go to click an icon, and the icon 3 to the left, or a couple above, or on the other edge of the screen become highlighted but neither the icon I am selecting nor the icon that lights up opens. If I remove the battery for about 20 seconds and allow it to reboot it works just fine until the next time. I have a Storm 9550 and am running v5.0.0.320 with Verizon.  Should I take it in and see if I can just get a new one?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Wrong icon responding

Hi there, given that the phone is brand new, I'd probably just take it in for support/exchange.  If a battery pull only helps to resolve the issue temporarily, then there may be either a hardware or software issue with the phone.  Given that the phone is new, it will probably just be easier to take it in.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!