Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yahoo Calendar Sync no longer works

I get errors trying to sync with my yahoo calendar. Sometimes I get some strange error code and a message that says "Check Documnetation" and other times Desktop Manager crashes. If it crashes it won't stop crashing until I reboot my computer.

I've noticed that there are quite a few people out there having this problem all of a sudden. Up until now, I've had no problems syncing. Can anyone help? Is there any ideas how to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Re: Yahoo Calendar Sync no longer works

I am having the same problem. Tried uninstalling the Blackberry Desktop Manager and reinstalling it. That didn't help. It syncs with Yahoo Contacts and Tasks just fine. The problem is just with Yahoo Calendar. Something has changed on the Yahoo side. Is there anyone at Blackberry or Yahoo working on a fix for this? Or should we all just switch to Palm and Google?

Posting a "me too". 

I've had the BB for about a month and the sync with Yahoo worked great, then stopped a week or two ago.  I assumed user error (me) and did uninstalls and re-installs.  Glad to know it might not be my error and will watch this stream to see if a fix appears. 

My address book syncs with the addresses in Vista's Windows Mail, and has continued to work fine.  Only Yahoo has become a problem for me.

Contributor

I received my first BB Curve 8310 on 4/25/08. I had success in Sync with my Email and phone contacts. Then could not Sync my Yahoo calendar. Glad I signed up for the Forum. Now I know it probably was not anything I was or was not doing. Must be a Yahoo ot BB problem?

I will keep checking to see if anyone responds on how to get this Sync to work.

The Yahoo calendar sync started working again on Fri 4/25. I changed nothing on my pc or BB. I guess Yahoo must have changed something on their servers.
Contributor

I am trying to install Yahoo Calendar the first time in my BB. My Email contacts came to my "Outook Express". It looks like I need the program "Outlook" to Import the Yahoo Calendar. Is that correct?