Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9315
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yahoo Messenger

For the past two days, I haven't been able to sign into Yahoo Messenger on my BB Curve 9315. No troubles on my PC, just on the phone so it's an issue with the app. Who do you contact for help on this? Everyone passes the buck, it's not Blackberry, it's not T-Mobile, Yahoo sends you in circles...Can anyone help?

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

Re: Yahoo Messenger

i am having the same problem and the comments on the app have all said they are too i think there is a problem all round not just on your part or mine and blackberry or yahoo need to fix it as i believe many are suffering from the issue i have no idea either who to contact however i do not think it is my phone nor my account which is the problem due to the many other complaints and the fact i have tried many ways to fix.

i am not sure who to blame howeer i went on to yahoo and their apps to see if i could re download from there and the messager one was missing...... dont know if that says anything 

New Contributor

Thanks...I tried my phone carrier and they had no clue what to do about it and it isn't their problem....Yahoo hasn't responded to any of my messages and I was on hold for 2 hours with them before I gave up. It is clearly a problem with the app in my opinion...the Yahoo Messenger app has always been completely unreliable but not being able to sign on at all is crazy. Hopefully they are on it and will be fixing it soon! That is weird about the app not appearing on the downloads page...maybe they are working on it is my hope!

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

mine is currently working ...i see no changes but its working, for now any way 

New Contributor

Mine is working now as well. I reported the issue to Blackberry last night and was given nothing more than "change your password" as a way to fix it! lol I was told they were going to investigate the problem and get back to me by email...I got an email instructing me how to change my password. Hilarious. In the meantime, I tried to sign in and I was able to connect so that's that. I hope it is fixed for everyone!