Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yahoo and hotmail mail on blackberry

I am trying to add Yahoo account on my BIS but everytime i try to add Yahoo account i get the below message:

To add your Yahoo!® email account, you must first enable POP (Post Office Protocol) access within Yahoo!. To enable POP access within Yahoo!, click here to open Yahoo!'s support page and follow the instructions. Once you have enabled POP access to your Yahoo! account, return to this page.

>>I want to add a different email account.

>>I have enabled POP access to my Yahoo! email account and want to add it.

If i click on the above link it takes me to the link(http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/index.html) which is of no help. 

I have tried to add using both ISP internet site and device but no luck. It doesn't even work for hotmail. I am  successfully able to add the hotmail account but it doesn't fetch any mails. 

Can't we add free yahoo and hotmail accounts on blackberry?  

Thanks 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Yahoo and hotmail mail on blackberry

chk the following KB's and see if they help, yahoo : http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03728&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

hotmail has to be a paid account: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10218&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor

I have already tired the solution in the yahoo but it doesn't work.

If i click"I have enabled POP access to my Yahoo! email account and want to add it." it takes me to a "Set Up An Existing Outlook / Outlook Express Account " page where it asks me for Username, password, email server and then email address. 

Forums Veteran I

is it a Yahoo! Mail Plus account as per the KB?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor

as per the KB, it is the Yahoo Plus but mine is free account.

Forums Veteran I

i am no sure now. I would suggest calling your service provider so  that they can esaclate this to RIM.
Contributor

i talked to my customer support of my carrier and they said that yahoo has stopped providing POP service for free accounts from 25 May. I don't know how true it is. I am not even able to use yahoo messenger on blackberry. It was always gives me the error" service not supported"

Forums Veteran I

i just integrated a free yahoo account. dont know what to tell you. been out of touch with BIS for a while now, will try to answer your question soon.
New Contributor

had that issue the first time I added hotmail and yahoo mail.

I use both as FREE email . and I got no emails, then I  removed both from blackberry email config, then re-created the account still nothing.... someone at work told me, you need to email out an email before you will get one.

so I sent a yahoo test email to hotmail and vice versa, been getting my mails ever since..

try that ..

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Yahoo supports integartion of BIS for their premium user (Paid..Yahoo Mail Plus) and in those countries where they agreemnet with the carrier for free ID integration. I carrier used to enjoy the free yahoo integration but it stopped recently.

Hotmail used to have a policy for allowing there premium users and  granadfathered IDs (meaning the ID that are not suspended or deactivated for long time).  With the introduction of BIS 2.5 all BIS will be able to integrate windows live ID without having premium or grandfathered ID (check Doc ID : KB15252 for details).

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit