Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: TMobile

Yahoo email validation

I get emails from the donotreply@blackberry.com that tell me I need to validate my Yahoo email.  I've done the validation thing countless times and it NEVER accepts the password.  The only way I can get it to work is go to Yahoo and set a new password on my email account.  Then I need to get on my 8900 and "validate" with the password.

Why do I have to change my Yahoo password to get this to work?  I know my password is correct because I got to Yahoo on my laptop, login, and enter the correct password and the email comes up.

Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Yahoo email validation

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Have you seen these articles and gone through the setups?

Thanks

Bifocals

KB12116

Unable to send email messages from the BlackBerry smartphone using an integrated Yahoo! Mail account

KB13061

The BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to log in to a Yahoo!® email account at www.yahoo.comReceived error message password is invalid using the browser on the BlackBerry Pearl smartphone. The BlackBerry smartphone user receives the following error message: 

The BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to log in to a Yahoo!® email account at www.yahoo.comReceived error message password is invalid using the browser on the BlackBerry Pearl smartphone. The BlackBerry smartphone user receives the following error message: 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: TMobile

Yes, I've checked those out.  I use the Yahoo email on my 8900 all the time.  But, it occasionally tells me to validate my password and I do.  But, it tells me the password is incorrect and I know it's correct.  The only way I've discovered to remedy is log into Yahoo email, change my password and then validate with new password on the Blackberry.  I shouldn't have to change my Yahoo password just because the Blackberry decides randomly that I need to change it.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Chubbier.

KB14197 Email messages not being delivered to BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers with Yahoo! Mail integrations. A recent security change implemented by Yahoo! Has caused a service interruption for some BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers.

Chiefburg you may want to get your facts straight before assessing right and wrong.

Yahoo is positioning is Yahoo IM client through this change.[

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter