Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: EE

Yahoo emails not coming through

Good evening,

I'm very new to this community and hope I am posting in the correct area.

For the past 2 weeks I have been unable to receive emails from my yahoo account, for some strange reason they have stopped being pushed to my device, which is a bold 9900.
I have spoken to blackberry technical team at EE and have tried several different fixes, none of which has been successful.
1) Tried deleting the email address from my blackberry and addind it back-failed
2) Tried changing yahoo password, deleting it and then addind it back with hew password_failed
3) Service books re sent to me from EE-failed
4). Went on to my desk top to make sure POP was set up correctly, all was well and still no yahoo emails coming through.
5). Deleted the bulk of my emails from my desk top as thought I had to much emails which was preventing new mail from being pushed to my devive-failed
6) Done hard re-set of device-failed.

I have been told from EE that this appears to be a problem with RIM and the yahoo services. I am very dissapointed with this as my blackberry I'd for my business and the bulk of my business is email related.

Please can someone advise on how this problem can be fixed as I am at my wits end and actuallt think about jumping ship to Samsung.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Yahoo emails not coming through

Hey lexDiamond,
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you with this issue, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Did you ever find a resolution to this. I have same problem. Email has just suddenly started to take several hours to arrive. I have a yahoo account whis is for my business too. I tried all the steps you mention above plus I actually wiped my phone and started again. Still same problem. I contacted my provider O2 and they told me that it was nonesense to ask them to contact RIM or yahoo as yahoo ignores them and RIM can't fix the problem (which they say is well known and irratic) and that O2 don't liaise with RIM on behalf of customers. They suggested I make new email address, not with yahoo or change my Bold 9900 to an iphone, which does work with yahoo apparently. When I pointed out that this is an email assocuated with my business so not easy to change they offered no further help. Can anyone at RIM help me. I have been a RIM customer since 2002 but I may finally have to move to iphone as this is intolerable for my business.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello to you all,

Have you tried to delete the email client as well?

Regards,
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor

Hi there, thanks for replying. I have deleted the email accounts and service books for the Bold. How do I delete the email client? I may have done it without knowing. Would wiping the device have done that? Many thanks
Super Contributor

Hello shilly,
You can delete the email client from Options>Device>Application management>Email setup.
Then go to http://mobile.blackberry.com/home.jsf?nodeId=4473 and choose the one you want.
Hope this will help.

Regards,
Super Contributor

Don't forget a battery pull restar after deleting and after reinstalling.
New Contributor

Thanks. I will give this a try. I have to say I am less than impressed by O2ks assistance on this. Also, I could be wrong but it feels like Yahoo is purposely driving RIM down. I want RIM to go on. I don't want to go to iphone. I love my Bold. Having said that I have searched high and low for resolution on this and have seen others with the same problem but have seen no input from RIM, which is disappointing.
Super Contributor

Hi,
I have a forgotten yahoo account which I now set up to give it a try.
Super Contributor

As I am writing I received 20 emails. Try and send an email from it to my other gmail account set up on my lovely bold 9900 Smiley Wink and it came through immediately.
So it is definitely an issue with the client not yahoo nor RIM. Smiley Happy
Good luck.

Regards.