06-16-2013 04:32 PM
06-16-2013 05:03 PM
06-18-2013 09:47 AM
Thanks for your help on this Kosten The mobile.blackberry.com website link is invaluable.
After reinstalling the email client things improved for a short time. Soon after however, Yahoo emails again became delayed on the Bold 9900. I checked the yahoo email web account and all emails are received there in a timely manner – the delay occurs on them reaching the Bold. This delay can be anywhere from 10 minutes to hours (although since reinstalling the email account the longest delay has been 1 hour rather than the 5 hours I was experiencing previously).
I set up an experiment and placed 2 yahoo accounts and 2 btinternet accounts on the Bold. Without exception the emails to the btinternet accounts arrived promptly into the web account and to the Blackberry Bold whereas emails to (and from) the yahoo accounts were delayed between 10 mins and 1 hours. For me this ruled out problems with 02 (3g) service in the area. I contacted Yahoo again and they told me to do a battery pull (hmmm)
So I now have to conclude there is actually a problem in yahoo emails being sent through my Bold 9900. Whether this is yahoo generally having a slow service push through (or pull enable) to the Bold or whether somehow 02 take longer forwarded yahoo emails to the Bold, I don’t know (IS THIS POSSIBLE?). A friend on t-mobile tells me her emails are instant, although I wonder if she has ever checked the send and deliver times). I have also lost confidence in yahoo emails so may it’s time to move on.
Now I am left with three choices
1) Move to iPhone – I heard yahoo is better on that (don’t know if that’s true)
2) Dump yahoo and change my yahoo email address to another service - e.g btinternet (a pain as it is my business email).
3) Change my service provider from 02
So far 02 and Yahoo have not been able to assist me in resolving this. As far I know RIM have not helped either. The only assistance I have received is from this board –BIG THANK YOU!
For posterity below I record all the steps I have taken after I discovered my yahoo email was taking up to 5 hours to reach my Bold 9900:
1) Tried deleting the email address from my blackberry and adding it back-failed
2) Tried changing yahoo password, deleting it and then adding it back with new password_failed
3) Service books re sent to me from 02 and generated from my own phone – failed ). Went on to my desk top to make sure POP was set up correctly, all was well and still no yahoo emails coming through.
5). Deleted the bulk of my emails from my desk top as thought I had to much emails which was preventing new mail from being pushed to my devive-failed
6) Done hard re-set of device-failed.
7) Performed security wipe on Bold 9900 – failed
8) Deleted and reinstalled the email client, I did a battery pull restart after deleting and after reinstalling. This improved delays from 5 hours to 1 hour ish at longest point. Although the longer delays are intermittent, emails are never instant however, minimum delay 10 minutes.
I have been told from 02 that this appears to be a problem with RIM and the yahoo services. I am very disappointed with this as my blackberry is for my business and the bulk of my business is email related. 02 tell me if I read their contract they don’t promise this.
Is it possible that 02 may be delaying the yahoo emails? It seems odd as would they not also be delaying the btinternet emails? Looks like slower pull/push on yahoo to me. Once again thanks for your help. This is the first time I have ever contacted a Board for help and I now see how useful it can be!
06-18-2013 03:24 PM
06-18-2013 03:33 PM
06-22-2013 12:50 PM
01-05-2014 10:18 PM - edited 01-06-2014 01:06 PM
i have a problem with one of my yahoo emails not sending ALL of my messages to my BBBold 9700. not sure what to do. i've done the ole battery pull, re-input password. I'm concerned that BB is just not being serviced by other companies to keep us up to date.
01-06-2014 01:04 PM - edited 01-06-2014 01:09 PM
i don't keep wifi on, but i will now and see if there is a difference, sigh. also my internet is slower lately. ugh.could be the cloudy weather, i don't know, I would be frustrated to leave Blackberry - i HAVE to have my qwerty key pad.
BB user since i have owned a mobile phone 2007.