Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Yahoo emails not coming through

Thanks so much. I have reinstalled the email client and it already seems good. Weirdly it immediately also sent a welcome message from O2 to pins on BBM! I will let you all know how it is in a day or so. Thanks again.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

You're very welcome Smiley Happy
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor

Big thanks Smiley Happy. What I am finding straight away is that yahoo emails are still coming through slowly albet I have not had the opportunity to test for a few hours yet. My btinternet emails are coming through immediately. When I email from a yahoo account to another yahoo account it does not come through but if I email to the same yahoo account from a btinternet mail account it pushes through all the yahoo emails in one bunch I.e both the yahoo and bt ones all at once. I will test for a day and update you. Your help is really valued. Thanks.
New Contributor

Yahoo emails not coming through to Bold 9900

Thanks for your help on this  Kosten The mobile.blackberry.com website link is invaluable. 

After reinstalling the email client things improved for a short time. Soon after however, Yahoo emails again became delayed on the Bold 9900. I checked the yahoo email web account and all emails are received there in a timely manner – the delay occurs on them reaching the Bold. This delay can be anywhere from 10 minutes to hours (although since reinstalling the email account the longest delay has been 1 hour rather than the 5 hours I was experiencing previously).

I set up an experiment and placed 2 yahoo accounts and 2 btinternet accounts on the Bold.  Without exception the emails to the btinternet accounts arrived promptly into the web account and to the Blackberry Bold whereas emails to (and from) the yahoo accounts were delayed between 10 mins and 1 hours. For me this ruled out problems with 02 (3g) service in the area. I contacted Yahoo again and they told me to do a battery pull (hmmm)

So I now have to conclude there is actually a problem in yahoo emails being sent through my Bold 9900. Whether this is yahoo generally having a slow service push through (or pull enable) to the Bold or whether somehow 02 take longer forwarded yahoo emails to the Bold, I don’t know (IS THIS POSSIBLE?). A friend on t-mobile tells me her emails are instant, although I wonder if she has ever checked the send and deliver times). I have also lost confidence in yahoo emails so may it’s time to move on.

Now I am left with three choices

1)      Move to iPhone – I heard yahoo is better on that (don’t know if that’s true)

2)      Dump yahoo and change my yahoo email address to another service -  e.g btinternet (a pain as it is my business email).

3)      Change my service provider from 02

So far 02 and Yahoo have not been able to assist me in resolving this. As far I know RIM have not helped either. The only assistance I have received is from this board –BIG THANK YOU!

For posterity below I record all the steps I have taken after I discovered my yahoo email was taking up to 5 hours to reach my Bold 9900:

1) Tried deleting the email address from my blackberry and adding it back-failed

2) Tried changing yahoo password, deleting it and then adding it back with new password_failed

3) Service books re sent to me from 02 and generated from my own phone – failed ). Went on to my desk top to make sure POP was set up correctly, all was well and still no yahoo emails coming through.

5). Deleted the bulk of my emails from my desk top as thought I had to much emails which was preventing new mail from being pushed to my devive-failed

6) Done hard re-set of device-failed.

7) Performed security wipe on Bold 9900 – failed

8) Deleted and reinstalled the email client, I did a battery pull restart after deleting and after reinstalling. This improved delays from 5 hours to 1 hour ish at longest point. Although the longer delays are intermittent, emails are never instant however, minimum delay 10 minutes.

I have been told from 02 that this appears to be a problem with RIM and the yahoo services. I am very disappointed with this as my blackberry is for my business and the bulk of my business is email related. 02 tell me if I read their contract they don’t promise this.

Is it possible that 02 may be delaying the yahoo emails? It seems odd as would they not also be delaying the btinternet emails? Looks like slower pull/push on yahoo to me. Once again thanks for your help. This is the first time I have ever contacted a Board for help and I now see how useful it can be!

Super Contributor

Hello there,
I don't know what to say to you. Don't you have any other friends, colleagues or to wait someone to share his/her experience with yahoo. As I said in one of my previous posts when I set up my yahoo mail I haven't had any problems with it. As you stated it could be a problem with O2, yahoo and/or the client. Your decision should be made the way it would return the best outcome possible. If changing the email is not imposible for you then the other options are to swap either O2 or the phone. If you can try your sim with another phone or get a prepaid SIM on another network you can see what the result will be. Either way wish you succeed and hope not to leave your BB behind. Smiley Happy

Regards.
New Contributor

Thanks. Your advice did help with a better email client.

My friends have iPhones in the main. The one with businesses use dediacated servers on their blackberry handsets.

I know from my research I am not the only one to experience this issue. I have posted my experience in case it helps someone else.

Hopefully RIM will offer advice. If not I wull have a think on whether to migrate to iphone or ditch the Yahoo. Many thanks and all the best.
New Contributor

Hello again. I resolved the issue. I found out that my problem was not caused by Yahoo. The problem was actually caused by two O2 masts being taken down in my area. O2 customer support neglected to tell me this when I phoned in, despite this apparently being a semi-longterm issue. I found a reference on a blog and went into a local O2 store who confirmed it is a 3G signal problem. Although in my case it is a lack of 3G they told me 2 interesting things: (1) soemtimes a faulty sim can cause this problem (2)the 3G signal icon on the top right of the phone can still show a strong signal when in fact there is little. I learned all this after I had changed my email address and told all my clients and got new business cards but hopefully someone will learn steps to try by reading my post. O2 has apologised but honestly that's not enough. I have spent literally days on this and the problem is not yet received. I am considering a move to t-mobile. I want to conclude however by thanking you for your help! Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: tmobile blackberry classic
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]

i have a problem with one of my yahoo emails not sending ALL of my messages to my BBBold 9700. not sure what to do. i've done the ole battery pull, re-input password.   I'm concerned that BB is just not being serviced by other companies to keep us up to date.

Super Contributor

Hello!
Do you have the same issue with the wi fi turned on?
Contributor
My Device: tmobile blackberry classic
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]

i don't keep wifi on, but i will now and see if there is a difference, sigh.  also my internet is slower lately.  ugh.could be the cloudy weather, i don't know, I would be frustrated to leave Blackberry - i HAVE to have my qwerty key pad.

Nonya

nyc

BB user since i have owned a mobile phone 2007.

BBBold 9700.