Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Yellow Star icon on homepage

I woke up this morning to find a yellow star icon on my phone. When clicking the SPAM message from RAM Optimizer, nothing happens! The message doesn't open or take me to Appworld like some others here have reported.
Funny thing is - I updated my Battery Optimizer app yesterday - which is also one of their products (AFBB). Did this somehow enable them to send me spam? Left an unvafourable review but its been DELETED!!

I've mailed AFBB support but don't expect an answer back...

This is unacceptable. RIM - please do something about it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

UPDATE - I've just deleted the Battery Optimizer app and upon rebooting my phone the star icon was gone...

I'll never get anything from AFBB again!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Ugh.....quite rude I must say. Took 2 days for me to receive the message. I rebooted and nothing. Seems odd they can spam that many BB's. I think this application should be removed from BB World.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: medical technologist

Finally received e-mail RAM Booster apps with same logo star in the title. Opened and closed it and star disapers. Don't like this type of experience. Good luck to all of you.
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

I got the same icon today. I have a multi-alarm app from AFBB which glitches my phone regularly. I submitted feedback stating that fact. I've had this phone number for a year and a half without a single spam text. Coincidentally, after submitting less than favorable feedback, I have been receiving a lot of SMS spam. Related or not this spam notification for this RAM booster tells me AFBB does not operate legitimately and I will never use another AFBB app and I'd seriously recommend anyone else to avoid dealing with them.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: kpn

I've had the same thing. Could not open the message, could not get rid of the yellos star.

Turned out to be an upgrade for Metrix (game). The free version is no longer available. I deleted the free version and the yellow star disapeared. Metrix is also made by afbb, just like ram optimizer.

My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

I've had this on my phone for 2 hours now and can't get rid of it???

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

I have also recieved the message as RAM Optimizer and have deleted the message but cant get rid of the yellow star. Any Suggestions?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

I opened the message as it appeared again and the star has gone

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: kpn

Look for appson your BB made by AFBB (AppsForBlackBerry) and delete them. With me it was Metrix(game). I had the free version, but from this week the free version is not available anymore, so they removed it from my Installed Apps list. When I completely removed this game, the yellow star was gone.