Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Yellow Star icon on homepage

Go to Messages and you will find a message with a black star, Open the message and the star will disappear.Blackberry screenshot

I am Awesome!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

blackberry screenshot

Go to Messages and you will find a message with a black star, Open the message and the star will disappear.

I am Awesome!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

if you see this icon go to your messages icon, its an invite for an app on app world......i got it earlier tn and then went to messages and clicked it and it went away

hope this helps!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9700
My Carrier: claro

So nothing yet no one knows I've tried looking for the email as well nothing ihave had it for two days now . I'm getting scared to that my phone is going to crash soon
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

did u check ur messages icon? cause that's all it was for me

My Device: Torch 9800

Got the same thing today.  Found an invitation in my message folder for an app that makes you confirm all outgoing calls so you don't accidentally call anyone/anything.  Once I opened the message and deleted it, the icon went away too.

Good judgment comes from experience, which comes mostly from bad judgment.
Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

I got a solution for this issue...

I too ws getting this icon on my notification bar bt when I ws clicking on this,nothing ws opening up as some people said tht BB Apps is opening up...

Solution- open "messages"(not the text messages) n there u will find a notification of some application wth the same star sign(in my case it ws tarrot card reader for BB),jst click on tht and if u dnt want tht App installed then jst close it...the star sign will be gone...

Hope this will help u... :-)
with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

What a pain. Nothing worked till I deleted metrix by AppsForBB. Do yourself a favor and stay away from

AFBB and SRIDgames.

P.S. Go to Metrix in appworld and leave a message!

9700,Z10,PB16,PB64
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: T Mobile

Its from a app called pattern lock possibly. Im not 100% sure if any other app uses the star icon.

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: O2

Both my kids have Blackberry Curves and they both got the Star appear on their phones.

Once they opened the message and shut it down again the star disappeared. Thanks to everyone on here for suggestions, we didn't know what it was or how to get rid of it, but it's now sorted. Smiley Happy