Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange EE

Yet Another Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hello,

Right so I've been trawling the net regarding my issue and although it's a commonly reported problem, I've not yet found a solution. I've rung Blackberry Support and have never been on hold without getting through to someone for so long in my life! I've sent a Twitter message to the Blackberry Help account requesting a callback and have been ignored. So I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Blackberry and most certainly won't be getting another one when it comes to upgrading my contract next month. But anyway now that that's off my chest...

Whenever I try to enable Mobile Hotspot on my phone I get the message telling me I need to click continue to subscribe to the data plan. Once I click OK, it just unticks itself. And yes I've already spoken to Orange (my UK provider) and they say the "data plan" is enabled on my account. To verify this I've put my SIM into another phone where the option for tethering actually bloody works and this is how I've gotten online to post. I've put a giffgaff SIM in my Blackberry and the same message is appearing, (but that SIM works for tethering in the LG phone...)

So it's almost certainly the Blackberry. Please don't try and fob me off by saying speak to the carrier...

Sorry for the rant.

Many thanks in advance for your help.