Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Yet another thread with contacts transfer issues

I bought a new Torch 9860 and tried to transfer all my data from my old Storm II 9520 with the BB desktop manager but none of my contacts made it to the new deivce. I searched these forums and found at least half a dozen of threads with this problem go unanswered and another load suggesting alternative solutions such as BBProtect or Outlook Sync. I am utterly disappointed in the fact that RIM cannot be arsed to put a friggin 'Transfer Contacts' button on the desktop software. Cannot even copy them to my sim or transfer through bluetooth. This is a ridiculously massive oversight from RIM. Please realize that you make phones for business people. Not being able to easily and simply transfer contacts is unacceptable.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Re: Yet another thread with contacts transfer issues

In fact now I tried doing it with backup-restore and BBDM came up with this:

screenshot

Just in case you don't knkow what to look at: tha 'Addres Book' is dimmed indicating that it cannot be restored. I tried every kind of different settings (hence the 3 backups within 10 minutes) but it just doesn't work.

I swear this is the worst experience I ever had with any phone switch, and this is the first time I upgraded my phone with the same companyäs newer model and with the same provider so in theory it should be as smooth as possible.