Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You tube in BB bold

Does anybody know what do I need to do to watch youtube videos in my Bold using the mobile network?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: You tube in BB bold

Video streaming directly to the BlackBerry smartphone is currently unavailable.

Check knowledge base KB05419

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

are they planning to make it available? this is a huge disadvantage for me and it makes me wonder whether I made the right choice choosing the bold against the i-phone
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

lcedillo wrote:

Does anybody know what do I need to do to watch youtube videos in my Bold using the mobile network?

Thanks

Go to http://m.youtube.com/ and hey presto!

YouTube on your Bold!

Contributor

That's what I've been doing, but every time I get this message "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive".

Any ideas as to what should I do to be able to watch youtube videos

New Contributor

I think the fix for most folks is in the tcp settings. Got to options->advanced_options->tcp.

For AT&T providers only :

if your apn is set to wap.cingular then youtube wont work.  My phone was shipped this way. Set the apn to isp.cingular and leave the username and password blank. You may need to reboot, but I can now watch most videos from m.youtube.com.

For other providers look at this for the correct apn settings :

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f24/tcp_apn_wap_gateway_and_port_carrier_settings-360/

New Contributor

I am not sure if anyone else has run into this, but it does seem to only work on the 3G network. If I connect to my wifi, it gives me an error. If I only connect to 3G(with wifi disabled), then it works. Starting to think that the wifi may be streaming too quickly for the media player to handle, whereas the 3G network is a little slower. Anyone have a wireless router that supports bandwidth limiting that can run a test with a blackberry bold that can play m.youtube viedos over 3G? If it is associated with download speed, then that may explain why it works sporadically, as the 3G speed jumps around.
New Contributor

My wifi and mobile youtube work fine over 10 meg cable connection.
New Contributor

is your wifi encrypted?
New Contributor

I found that it does work over a non-encrypted network, but it doesnt over my companies or my home wep encrytped wifi.