Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

YouTube - 75 words per minute on BlackBerry Bold - How about a BlackBerry typing competition?

This is a YouTube video of me doing 75 words per minute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egie4ApwoUg&fmt=18

That includes several corrections.  With some practice, I should be able to exceed 80 words per minute.  We need get RIM to sponsor a group of us for a speed thumbtyping competition sometime in the month of June, and have Guiness Book of World Records there.  I have submitted an application to Guiness about a June 17th record attempt in Ottawa in front of A-Channel, but I'm open to other ideas such as going to Waterloo if RIM steps up to the homeplate.

How about it, RIM?   Sponsor a competition.  Invite me too.  The world record should belong to BlackBerry users.  Not to a TREO typist, like it was.   We need to beat Apple to being into the Book, I've seen some fast typing on an iPhone by others, but not quite as fast as BlackBerry.

Perhaps a charity, payable to a deaf charity such as National Association of Deaf or Canadian Hearing Society, as I am hearing impaired?

I will be a happy participant of such a competition.

How about it RIM? 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: YouTube - 75 words per minute on BlackBerry Bold - How about a BlackBerry typing competition?

[ Edited ]

I applied to Guiness Book of World Records to see if I could apply for the record.  

I got a response back from them.  Apparently, Guiness only allows texting world records to be made for one-thumb thumb typing, which is kind of archaic in the modern age of QWERTY cellphones (including iPhone's touchscreen keyboards too, which is designed to be typed on by two thumbs.

If Guiness even records obscure records such as "Lowest rated superhero video game" (Guiness Book Gamer's Edition 2009), they ought to have some room for a new record category "World's fastest two-thumb typing"!   I tried to apply for a new record category to be created, but they declined the application.

Maybe RIM can convince Guiness otherwise?

Message Edited by mdrejhon on 06-01-2009 07:47 PM