Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

YouTube Problems...

Hi,

I love my BlackBerry Torch, but I'm noticing an issue with YouTube videos, when I try to watch YouTube videos from the BlackBerry Torch's default browser. YouTube videos do NOT play smoothly. I'm talking when I

-use the default browser that came with the phone

-navigate to YouTube

-do a search string

-pick a video

-click "Watch Video",

it nearly ALWAYS starts going "Buffering" and then just going slowly when and if it "finishes buffering". Then IF it starts playing again after that, it's out of sync and just doesn't work right, etc. etc. I'm on an AT&T, United States, 3G network. I've tried messing with options within my browser and looking at the options from within whatever environment YouTube takes you to when choosing the "Watch Video" link, but not of them really let me control the buffering, so I can't really adjust anything.

I know that anytime I watch YouTube videos on a PC or laptop or whatever standard computer, I always "go into the video", then click "Pause", let it back-load, and wait until the back-load completes, and then watch the video, just so I don't get ANNOYED when it tries to buffer or load or whatever, mid-movie. But, I can't seem to figure out a way to do that from the Torch/BlackBerry default browser. Any advice?

Thanks.

--etcbbu