Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T

Your cases suck!

I had two at my last job; the first one the belt clip did not work and was all loose and constantly turned my BB upside down without my touching it and dumped it on the ground at least twice, scratching and scuffing it up. The second case I had, the clip broke off outright almost immediately. These were the nice leather ones with the magnetic tab. At my next job I was issued one of the plastic frame type cases which the top retaining clip promptly snapped off after two months on the job allowing the BB to slide out at will. They do not have any other cases at work so I bought a new one like the previous leather ones at Walmart a month ago ("official BB merchandise" - $30!!) and the pot metal rivet on the back that holds the belt clip popped off allowing the BB to rotate freely. I returned this to Walmart which  they were nice enough to take back and exchanged for a BB genesis case which seems to be a bit more sturdy in terms of the belt clip mechanism and how it is fastened to the case itself. Maybe you should put some R&D into a decent case!! I have been through four of them in less than two years and I am not hard on them; I work in marketing for chrissake, I am not a Navy SEAL or something

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Your cases suck!

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of these forums...these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that RIM will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Without referencing which BlackBerry you are talking about it's difficult to recommend a case to you.

I've got the hdw-23466-001 case that came with my BlackBerry Tour and it's clip is rock solid.  It's never let my phone out on accident or rotated freely.  I also work in an office.

Perhaps it is you.  Are you marketing rock climbing tours?

Maybe you could get a little pouch for it and wear it around your neck so you stop hitting it on stuff.

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Yeah Its not him...

Most of the blackberry cases suck.... the glue between the case and clip screws up and makes it easy to lose it...

Went through 3 cases ... Like the clip but quality stinks