Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: 919433024222

Youtube is not working in Bold 9790, using BSNL carrier

Hi,

I bought BlackBerry Bold 9790 on 31 May, 2012 and activated my BlackBerry BSNL services on 2 June, 2012. My service has been activated on 4 June. However, after activation, I noticed that, the Youtube is not working, an error message "a problem has been encountered, please contact your service provider", keeps coming. I contacter BSNL BB service, they told me to download a youtube player apps and to put a 'tick' mark in the APN box, enabling it. Also they told me to put, 'blackberry.net' as the APN name. I did both but nothing happened. My youtube is still facing the same problem. But all the other services is working like magic! Facebook, Twitter, Email everyrthing is working excellently. Lastly the BSNL guy told me that, they are getting this problem from many users, and they are putting it in order. 

When I did not activate the BB BSNL service, I was being able to see youtube videos by using wi-fi connections. It started since my BB services got activated.

Please direct me, what to do? Should i do something with the APN thing???

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Youtube is not working in Bold 9790, using BSNL carrier

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You need to keep working with your mobile service provider...they are responsible for the delivery of all services and all formal support to you. The guidelines they are giving you will be specific to their network and not necessarily the same for other network providers. They have told you "they are putting it in order"...if that means they are in the process of escalating, then that's what needs to happen. You need to continue tracking your issue through them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: 919433024222

Thanks for your reply, but I wanted to know what can be done from my side? Do I need to update the media player or change the setting or may be download some apps? Is there anything I could do?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, last time I looked, there are apps in AppWorld for YouTube...perhaps those would help.

Also, you are using the mobile YouTube site rather than the full site, right?

As for your OS, you can check the official download portal and compare to the OS you are running:

These are all things you can attempt...with no guarantees of any success.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................