Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Youtube not working on Torch

Hello All!

Love my new torch through Rogers wireless in Canada, but youtube doesn't seem to work 90% of the time. Usually will work when I first use it, then will not work again once I re-open the window. The error message "Can not find web address. Confirm that this web address is valid" Appears when I try and play a video.

I made sure Im using the proper youtube site (http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-rim), I have tried reinstalling the service books, restarting the device, clearing history/cache and registering in the "host routing table" as suggested by others. Nothing works.....

Please help!

Ps. I apologize if this has been answered already, but I could not find it.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Youtube not working on Torch

Still no luck, now it almost never works Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hi I have the same problem. Did you find a solution. It's really annoying.
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Actually I found temporarily solution, you need to connect your BB with WI-FI then it works Smiley Happy

but through mobile data won't work

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

This worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same issue i can veiw it on my wireless at home but not on my service with bell. Its great it works with my wifi but i want it to work with out it it was before now its not very annoying

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

meant to say it IS very annoying and blackberry should give us some help on what may be wrong or preferably what is wrong with it.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms, Philippines

I'm also experiencing the same problem.  Haven't tried accessing via wifi though.  Hope somebody can help.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem and it seems no one at blackberry wants to fix this. I am also with bell and they want me to send this phone in. Youtube works fine through wifi put just sits at buffer through network. This is my first blackberry but if it isn't looked into or fixed by blackberry or bell I will be going back to the iphone when I had trouble there service department fixed issues right away.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms, Philippines

Hi again!  Just called my carrier and they said that Youtube streaming is really blocked even though I have unlimited data plan.  Their reason was that Youtube consumes a lot of traffic. Smiley Sad