Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Youtube

Hello all, So here's my problem. I've been able to watch videos on Youtube mobile since I got my phone months ago, but now all of a sudden it says 'a problem occurred while trying to render the page' whenever I click on a video link. I've tried taking the battery out, cleaning the memory, verifying that my media player does in fact work, all to no avail. Can anyone help me? Warning: don't get too technical with the wording of any answers. I'm pretty technologically illiterate, if that makes any sense. Thanks! Josie
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Youtube

Josie, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.4.xxx"

What is yours?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 8100 pearl

I didn't know I could watch videos from youtube.  I always had to download and convert them. Mine says, "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld.  Please try a different URL"

Was I support to download something?

Mine says:

v4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83) 

Don't delete my cookies. They're delicious.

You need OS version 4.5 for Youtube streaming to work.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: Youtube

Mine says: V4.3.0.60 Does this mean I need an upgrade or something?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I did the application loader from this site last week when I upgraded my desktop software to 4.7, so I did the phone software too.  But it still stays at v4.2, there's no improvement.  Does it matter which carrier you have, or am I doing something wrong? Everything seems to work ok when I do the Active control thing with IE. 

ETA: OK.. called t-mobile, the guy was cool and told me I had to go to Pinshack to find the 4.5 for pearl cause they don't have the upgrade.  I deleted the vendor.xml file, but I'm not sure which 4.5 version I'm suppose to download from that list http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads 

So, I picked the Alltel one, but that's probably the wrong one.  The T-mobile guys said before he got his curve, he had to go to some Indonesia site to upgrade his pearl.  And he can't tell me what to do or he'll get in trouble with t-mobile, so he just hinted at Pinshack.  I see I'm not the only one trying to figure out this workaround for the pearl.  

Message Edited by loverofman on 12-18-2008 11:55 PM

Please give me a hint at which model BlackBerry you have... 8100, 8110, 8120?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I have the 8100 pearl on my profile.  Ok.. I tried both ways.  If I try to use the application loader in the desktop manager, the port goes haywire when the installation gets to "connecting to ROM" 

When I tried to do it the loader.exe /nojvm in the command prompt.. It goes haywire with it tries to connect to the port "connecting to ARM"

So either way, I feel like I'm screwed.   

I'm not sure what to do at this point.. Trying to time it right with the removal of the battery and playing aroung with it, to see if it will go through.  As far as I can tell, once it tries to connect to the BOOT or BIOS, it's doesn't act right. And my phone just keeps rebooting. 

I don't think I have a weak port.  I tried all four of mine on my laptop, and they all work just fine.   

[ Edited ]

loverofman wrote:

I have the 8100 pearl on my profile.  

Sorry, I was asking Josie, who started this thread looking for help with her issue.

Message Edited by JSanders on 12-19-2008 08:27 AM

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

JSanders wrote:

Sorry, I was asking Josie, who started this thread looking for help with her issue.

I'm sorry.  Well, I give up.  I was told by blackberry support that if T-mobile didn't approve it, then I'm stuck with the v4.2.  :womansad: