Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

a few questions about my 9900

hey i have had my blackberry 9900 for 6 or 7 months now and i am getting about 8 hours of from it when i try my best not to use it and when i am using it i get about 3-4, is that normal? and do you have any tips other than the usual ones that everyone gives e.g turn your refreshing off, turn the actual phone off ect.

also i was thinking about wiping my device and starting fresh, i know i put take all my pictures, videos and music on to my laptop but how would i back up all my mobile contacts?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: a few questions about my 9900

The Bold 9900 is great at many things, but getting you through a busy day on one charge isn't one of them.  Smiley Sad

You've probably looked around these forums and seen the thread on extending your battery life.  If you've followed those hints, there's really not much else you can do.  By the way, don't be afraid to plug your phone in and top up the charge at any time for any length of time.  BlackBerry devices use Li-Ion batteries which can be topped up whenever you have a few spare minutes.  Even 15 minutes here and there will do it some good and it won't negatively affect your battery's long-term life.

As for backing up your contacts, that's done when you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Protect.  I believe you have to check a box stating that you wish for you contacts to be backed up.  Just make sure that box is checked and you'll be ready to go.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.