Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

a few unrelated questions - Blackberry Curve 8310

Just got this phone Saturday and spent the day with the book and the cd.  i've got the basics, but the questions i still have are making me feel old and blonde.  So if you can please help?

silliest and probably most obvious first...

email - do you have to have paid support of email to register an email address on your curve?  Husband can put his in but i can't...the option doesnt even appear on my email set up.  Just Enterprise or later.

ringtones - i had them on my media card.  Put that into the new phone and assigned them all, no problem.  when i put in the desktop cd and tried to synch....my ringtones still WORK on my phone, meaning if they call i hear them.  i can see them on the desktop list, but when i go to media and ringtones it says NO RINGTONES...what happened?

also, while i was trying to show the husband how to do something on his phone, i inadvertently sent myself a VM, that was a recording of what i was telling him...how the heck did i do that. 

sorry to be a bother, but i just can't seem to work out those bugs...

sherry

New Contributor

Re: a few unrelated questions - Blackberry Curve 8310

oh and one more....

the desktop CD when i did try to sync it, i got a sync error that read NO APPLICATION CONFIGURED FOR SYNCHRONIZATION.

The next day i opened the program to try again and after getting the same ERROR now nothing is highlighted for me to click on....

geezzz i am so confused

but i love my phone...i really need help

sherry

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Congrats on the new Blackberry:

1: Email - Yes, you need to have a paid Blackberry service to use email.

2: Ringtones - it copied them to your blackberry itself

3: VM - I'm guessing you mean Voice Message and not Voice Mail. You clicked Voice Notes, recorded the message and then sent it to your husband. Its usually associated with a quick key and if not, it would be in your menu system.

New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor

thanks - i finally found the ringtones in my music instead of my ringtones, though i dont know how i moved them there...

and thanks for the www.

s