Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile Netherlands
Accepted Solution

about 4G

I saw a video of the bold 9900 with showing 4G right above the network status.

Does it really have 4G? if so, what about the torch 9860?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: about 4G

[ Edited ]

If you're with a carrier whose network is 4G, then both phones will support it.  Keep in mind that one network's 4G is another's 3G+ while another network will label those speeds only 3G.  Something really has to be done to find a common definition of 4G.

Incidentally, my 9860 shows H+ (for HSPA+), and it's 4G by my carrier's definition.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

So depends on the carrier? Does it make difference if it will show 4G? Will i have a faster internet speed?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Yes, it depends on your carrier.  Think of your phone as a super-fast PC and your internet comes to you by dial-up modem.  Your phone is up to par but if the network isn't delivering to its full potential, your phone won't be much quicker than 3G.

I can tell you firsthand that my carrier supports 4G (or very fast 3G+ if you will) and I see a difference.

P.S.  To fully answer your question, if your phone is showing 4G or H+, you're good.  You'll get some pretty amazing speeds.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Thx alot mate