Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

accidental dialing

When Blackberry Curve is in my pocket somehow calls are made. Does anyone know how I can prevent this?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: accidental dialing

I'm not sure about other models but on my 8310 there is a button on the top edge of the phone and if you hold it down it puts the phone in a power save mode. And stops accidental key pressing. Just push the same button to turn off the power save.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

You can lock the screen. To do this scroll down to keyboard lock. If you have home screen dialing disable you can also use the letter K as a shortcut.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Another option would be using the standby mode. Just press mute key when you want to keep your device in your pocked. This mode will not allow your device turn on automatically until a call arrived. Pressing the mute key again will disable the standby mode.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Here is a tip: go into Screen/Keyboard options and assign one of the fast keys to be keyboard lock.  Then you don't have to go scrolling. That is the key I use the most.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300 (EDGE) v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)
My Carrier: ATT

Accidental dialing is a problem I have encountered as well. Somehow, a "quick dial key" gets assigned to someone while the phone is in my pocket. I have even had the phone locked before, yet ended up with accidental calls completed.

The most embarrassing was while we were in Italy and at 10 am there, I heard my phone (in my pocket), saying

HELLO HELLO......and I recognized the voice of my priest......who was awakened in the wee hours of the night back in the central daylight time zone!!!

I've gone through my address book clearing quick dial settings because I just don't need to use them....they could be hazardous to my health.

Curve8300 ATT
v4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106)