Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: three

activation password?

I have just bought a blackberry. I am trying to hook it upto my email accounts -yahoo, hotmail, etc. but before i can do that it wants ACCOUNT ACTIVATION - EMAIL and ACTIVATION PASSWORD. I have literally no idea how to obtain these - do I have to pay? I am more than willing to pay, but I have spent hours searching the website and there is no mention of it at all - I heard my friends at one point say it costs like £6 a month to use it? Why is there absolutely no trace of how I should make it work?

I am a regular consumer - not working for a big company - I haven't got 1000 handsets to link up - just one

I have had loads of smartphones in the past and all you literally do is input the email address and password and maybe some 168.*** stuff.

I have just registered two sets of credentials with blackberry, despite the claim that the blackberry ID is the single one i would require for 'all' services: these are blackberry ID and another which allows me to write on forums. The handset I have got is off my friend and I have put a prepay sim in it.

Can it work? Do I need to sell it? I am really fed up with this at the minute - there is no information here for people who are new.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: activation password?

Hi there,

Did your friend that you bought it off of work with a company that used a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)? If so, you will need to remove the IT policy on the device.

You can find the instructions on how to do that here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14202

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: activation password?

You need to get in contact with your carrier and ensure you are provisioned for Blackberry Data (normally called Blackberry Internet Service) - in the UK at least this costs circa £5 a month. 

Once your account is provisioned with the correct data plan you will be able to setup your personal email accounts.