Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: alarm sound not working

I have the same issue with both the alarm clock and the message reminders.  I have decided I cannot rely on my phone.  I certainly can't take the battery out every time and "hope" that will work.  Has anyone heard if Blackberry is working on this issue?  I am ready to go back to my Krazr which never gave me a problem.
New Contributor

I have had NO luck with Slacker Radio at all. I have contacted their support center about the latest conflict, with no reply. I have posted this issue on the Blackberry App section of this forum, with no luck either. Apparently this conflct affects so few Blackberry users as to be not worth either RIM's or Slacker's time to fix. Everything else on my 8130 works as advertised and so I'm just going to have to wait to have some sort of radio program come along that works without conflict.

I have been using my alarm clock for a year and all of a sudden it is not sounding.  The same as others, I thought I was sleeping through it!  I have not loaded any new software, so there is something else going on with the alarm.  I guess I will be going back to my old trusty alarm clock!  I pulled the battery and also set a calendar reminder, I will see!
Visitor

Re: Re: alarm sound not working

Well, you're definately not alone in this. I'm new to the whole blackberry thing so I just assumed it was operator error causing my alarm issues. Like most of the posts, I installed pandora and I think a couple problems have come up since then. I'm going to try the battery thing, but if that doesn't work, I may have to choose between portable music and an old fasioned plug in alarm clock. Isn't modern technology wonderful! Smiley Happy
PR

Re: Re: alarm sound not working

I just noticed that my alarm wasn't working. If it is any help in solving this issue, I just upgraded the software to 4.5 a few days ago - and the alarm quit after that. I can try to reset it, but can't get the tones, alerts or music to play. Tried the battery pull and it worked - this time. Don't know if it will work tomorrow.

Hi!  My alarm is not working and I almost missed work! 

I don't have radio or slacker radio, etc... I upgraded the OS recently but it all seem to be working fine until this week.  A friend of mine have the same issue, we both upgraded the Facebook application recently.  Do you think that would be the problem? 

When the alarm doesn't work, the GPS sound also doesn't work.  It's as though the phone went silent.  I turned it off and turned it back on, then, sound came back.  This is frustruating.  Please help!  Thank you so much!

Wini

New Contributor

Well, I'm back again with another report. I tried reloading Slacker again, but again it interfered with my alarm sounds. I THINK that all this has something to do with the use of headset and certain media players. I noticed that when playing Slacker radio, the options button pulls up a menu that offers to "Activate Headset" and "Active Speaker."  When you plug in the headset, the sounds should be routed through the speaker jack to the earbuds and then when you pull out the headset from the jack, return automatically to the external speaker, etc. Slacker Radio seemed to interfere with all that, essentially muting the sound, I think. I found that when I simply play music with the Blackberry music media player and simply pause the song and exit the player, I can replicate the muting of the sounds.

Anway, the short answer for me is to avoid Slacker and Pandora completely. The last couple of weeks now my alarm has been working as expected, waking me up in the AM.   But after listening to music for awhile and exit the player, I routinely check that my alarm sounds play through the speaker. 

Clearly there is an issue here that neither Blackberry nor Slacker are willing to acknowledge.

Here is my experience. I have a lackberry curve (8320) and my alarm stopped working properly last week. I read all your postings and got to the conclusion that the 3rd party headset is what is screweing it up.

I haven't installed any software in a few months, and haven't changed any settings. I did get a 3rd party headset last Friday and after that my problems with the alarm started. After a battery pull reset, the alarm goes back to normal, but when I use my headset, the alarm stops working again.

Cheers,

I bought my Blackberry Curve 8330 June 30 and am having the same problems as other users have described.  My alarm works sometimes. When phone calls come in the ringer will ring sometimes. If I pull the battery out and 'reset' the phone then it works until I turn it off at night.

This is really dissapointing -- I really like the phone and now after paying the hefty price tag it doesn't work.

I too have an alarm/sound issue. I don't think it's just the applications or the headset piece messing it up. I do not use Slacker or Pandora radio on my phone. I haven't downloaded anything to my phone in quit sometime. I have used my alarm every morning since I got my phone a year ago. I make calls and texts on it constantly and as far as sound goes, I haven't had a problem. 

Until yesterday my alarm didn't sound. I though, "wth?" So I did a test when I finally got to work, and my sound worked. I rebooted just in case something was open that I didn't know causing the sound to interfere with another program. I assumed I just slept through the alarm and the sound goes off after a while. So before I went to bed last night, I tested the sound again to make sure it would work. It worked fine. So I was depending on it to wake me up this morning. WRONG. I WAY overslept because my alarm didn't sound. 

When I got to work, I tested the sound...no sound. But it would vibrate. So I did the reboot (again) and it worked.  I'm not depending on it again. I'll just have to drag out my dependable regular alarm clock. I've had too many problems with my Blackberry. I WON'T be getting another one. Even if they give it to me, I won't have it.