Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: alarm sound not working

I have exactly same issues - intermittent aslarm - sometimes works fine, ringer and vibrate, sometimes vibrate only but more often nothing except screen notice to cancel/snooze.  This phone is 2 weeks old!  It was provided by 02 business to replace previous handset with exactly the same problem - in fact ti was worse, phone had even stopped ringing.

a) this is unacceptable for Blackberry to be issuing substandard phones

b) I have no apps installed, it is straight out of the box

c) resetting battery doesn't fix - even if it did you could have no confidence in it

d) my previous phone worked for 12 months before this problem, this one lasted 2 weeks, do I want another, no sir!

Any  developments/fixes anyone please?

Should have added tha tI have never used headphones nor the media player - really haven't bespoked the device at all since getting it, just plain isn't working!!  Frustrating and potentially renders the device useless  - I shall be getting an non-BB next breakin my contract.
New Contributor

Re: alarm sound not working AGAIN

This is very interesting. My 8130 alarm has worked very good until I connected to my new Plantronics 520. When I use it, the alarm does what everybody says. The alarm goes off but no sound. If I hard reboot and don't use the bluetooth, no problem. It sounds like a software problem switching from the speaker on the phone and anything remote. Complete pain in the butt. Needs to be fixed soon.

New Contributor

I know I did the last post, but I have made a couple observations overnight. When I shut the phone down to do the hard reboot, it gave the message "Device scheduled to turn on at 6:30 AM". I don't ever shut my phone off overnight. That is where I had the alarm set.

When the reboot was almost complete it tried to connect with my Plantronics 520 automatically. Another setting I have never used. The trouble with the constant hard reboots is it changes settings I'm not even aware of.

The alarm did work this morning. First time in 3 days.

That makes the whole program hard to like and impossible to trust.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange Dominicana

I have the same problem. Anyone solved this?

Tks!

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Same problem here...works most mornings but occasionally the alarm makes no noise.  This alarm is causing problems for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

I have had my phone for over a year now and never had a problem with my alarm clock/sound not working.  My alarm goes off but the sound doesn't actually go off.  I've checked it and the dismiss and snooze are there like it is going off but not sound...  Also, every other sound notification stops working.  What I have noticed is that it seems like it almost goes to sleep because as soon as I turn it off in the morning and then turn it back on, it works all day.  I haven't made any changes/downloads to the phone in at least 3 months.  I haven't changed the bluetooth setup either in 3 months so it can't be linked to any downloads, system updates nor bluetooth.  I haven't changed any settings either.  I'm at a loss as to why it has started happening.  I'm going to take it to the Verizon store this evening so will post if they solve my problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Went to Verizon store - they told me I needed to do a software update on my Blackberry.  After I completed the update, it stopped happening!

Visitor
My Device: Lackberry 9700
My Carrier: Orange

No - this is not solved. You should revisit this question, because to say that it's solved by soft restart is ridiculous. Maybe it worked for this particular person, but in generale it's laughable.

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

I was having this same problem! But then I just closed out of my media application and my alarm started working. So  maybe if you're having this problem make sure your media application isn't open when your alarm is supposed to sound.