02-06-2011 09:05 AM
Hi, I have 8220 and Desktop software 184.108.40.206 on Vista 32.
So I have a problem getting data from ASCII file. It is very strange, but when importing contacts, the intellisync (?) tool considers cyrillic letter 'я' as the end of the record and begins the next record. After the first record with this letter, all other records are being imported incorrectly. I had Desktop manager 5 with this problem and upgraded to 6 but nothing changed.
At first, I thought I changed originally-exported file, but then I made an experiment when I used the exported file and got the same result
This problem doesn't appear when synchronizing to and from Windows.
Originally, I had to change almost all phone numbers. I exported to CSV, opened in excel (open office calc) and saved as CSV. I did my best to preserve the structure of the CSV file. So, if I replace this letter 'я' by another character, I will be able to import my contacts.
I was also looking for "intellisync" but found Nokia site saying "page doesn't exists anymore"
BTW, Russian translation of the synchronization tool is terrible. Fortunately, they draw arrows and other well-known symbols.
Hi, I have 8220 and Desctop software 220.127.116.11 on Vista 32.
So I have a problem getting data from ASCII file. It is very strange
04-29-2011 01:32 AM
I have also problem with importing from CSV files (BB 9800 Torch and the latest BB desktop software) as soon as it contains 'я' letters. If being replaced, those entries make no problem.
RIM team, an import function is a must for any phone. I expected a much more mature implementation from your sync product (sorry to say that).