Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 8220

almost unable to import contacts from ASCII

Hi, I have 8220 and Desktop software 6.0.1.18 on Vista 32.

So I have a problem getting data from ASCII file. It is very strange, but when importing contacts, the intellisync (?) tool considers cyrillic letter 'я' as the end of the record and begins the next record. After the first record with this letter, all other records are being imported incorrectly. I had Desktop manager 5 with this problem and upgraded to 6 but nothing changed.

At first, I thought I changed originally-exported file, but then I made an experiment when I used the exported file and got the same result Smiley Sad

This problem doesn't appear when synchronizing to and from Windows.

Originally, I had to change almost all phone numbers. I exported to CSV, opened in excel (open office calc) and saved as CSV. I did my best to preserve the structure of the CSV file. So, if I replace this letter 'я' by another character, I will be able to import my contacts.

I was also looking for "intellisync" but found Nokia site saying "page doesn't exists anymore"

BTW, Russian translation of the synchronization tool is terrible. Fortunately, they draw arrows and other well-known symbols.

Hi, I have 8220 and Desctop software 6.0.1.18 on Vista 32.

So I have a problem getting data from ASCII file. It is very strange

My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Beeline

Re: almost unable to import contacts from ASCII

Hi,

I have also problem with importing from CSV files (BB 9800 Torch and the latest BB desktop software) as soon as it contains 'я' letters. If being replaced, those entries make no problem. 

RIM team, an import function is a must for any phone. I expected a much more mature implementation from your sync product (sorry to say that).

Thanks,

Anton

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Att

Re: almost unable to import contacts from ASCII

I have the same problem as well. Letter 'я' treated as a record separator. BB Device Software 6.1.0.35. Please fix it.