Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: touch 8800
My Carrier: 02

am unable to activate my email account on my bb touch 9800

pls i use bb touch 9800 model no RCY

71Uw mtn. and am having problem activating my email account€€€€€.it is always saying ur bb internet service is suspended or deactivated.pls contact 02.Am in nigeria not uk.This is giving me headache.Somebody should pls help.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: am unable to activate my email account on my bb touch 9800

Did you travel to another country and use a different SIM card?

Call your carrier to reinstate your account. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: glo nigeria

I have same problem. i just came back from london where i used a T-moble sim for BBm.   does it mean every time we leave the country we have to call? thats not cool

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: orange

HI Im having the same problem when i try and click onto the internet mail icon it wont let me also when I am in settings and I wont to go back to the main screen it freezes and I have to turn off handset and then back on any ideas
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: glo nigeria

Re: am unable to activate my email account on my bb touch 9800: SOLVED

Solution: I backed up my 9800 on my pc , then reformatted the device, then restored. Deleted the email accounts and re added them. Everything now works
Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Even though our BBs are quad phones meaning they can be used in any country, you have to notify your service provider, especially if you live in America, you plan to use the phone abroad. Usually there is a small monthly fee involved but it's a small price to play if you need contact with home, office, friends etc.

This is known as roaming so your home country sim card can receive signals from the country you visit. Be aware extra airtime charges will apply depending on your service provider. Depending on the host country it can be very expensive.

Some Euro service providers do not require notification when their customers travel abroad f.ex. U.S.A.. In many instances cell phone owners can easily connect to a service f.ex. T-Mobile with roaming charges applied. If your phone is unlocked it will be easier to find and choose a provider when traveling.