Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: MEXICO 5 ,RBW71CW

antivirus for strom 9530

hi,

yesterday i got strom 9530. do i need to download any antivirus for my storm.

also suggest any point that i need to do while starting with blackberry.

thanks.

sapna.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: antivirus for strom 9530

There is to my knowledge no "anti-virus" software software you need to download.  The safeguards built into your device is pretty **bleep** good.

As to where to start?  You are where you need to be.

My Storm is my first smartphone/Blackberry.  Anything I have learned has been from within this forum.  It is user to user and there is a great deal of knowledge and many helpful people willing and able to aid you.

Learn to use the search box.  Read the various topics within the boards.  Read, read, read.

Now with your Storm in hand open the various applications,, look at the options within the applications.  About the only thing you don't want to do is inadvertently "delete" something.  The safest thing is to open and read without actually doing a "click".

Most but unfortunately not all items are intuitive,  It does what it appears to be.

When you get stumped or something happens you aren't' expecting, it is time to post.

When you need to post (and we all have been in your position) supply as much information as you can.

It helps if you make your model/OS and Platform/carrier information as part of your signature or profile information.

To get relevant assistance when you post, tell what you were doing, what happened that you weren't expecting and any steps you took up to the "oops" and what if anything you did afterwards.  Specific details are needed.

A post that says:

I was typing a text message (SMS) and the screen went blank what did I do wrong?  isn't particularly helpful to someone trying to help you.  Far better is:

I was typing a text message and had to answer a incoming call how do I get back to my message....

As you read the posts you will soon recognize the "experts".  They are folks with the bars with stars as part of their profile information.  They are the ones who have been around long enough that they have experienced most of the issues you are finding yourself in or have researched the information resources so many times that they can get you going.

There are a number of RIM employees that float around the boards and you can recognize them as they will have "Blackberry Technical Advisor" in their profile information.  They are there to render assistance.

If you are one who uses Twitter there is a fine crew at @BlackberryHelp who are part of the official RIM support staff and can be asked for help.  Of course it being Twitter you need to know how to address your problem within the Twitter imposed character count.  If you Tweet definitely become a follower of @BlackberryHelp.

So, read and get hands on.  Remember to have fun with your Storm.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: antivirus for strom 9530

sapna wrote:

yesterday i got strom 9530. do i need to download any antivirus for my storm.

congratulations on buying this great device ! You'll spend some time to learn to know it, but after that it will make your life easier.

There is no real virus on a BlackBerry device, but malware exists. To prevent any harm, BlackBerry has done some good things : when you install an application, you are prompted for what you allow the application to do. That's where you can be cautious, it's just common sense. Why would a little free game want to access your address book ? Or your internet connection (unless you want to publish your highscores) ? If you doubt anything, just refuse this time. At worse, the application will not do what it wants to do, well that's not a problem. Get the information so that you do not doubt anymore, then relaunch the application Smiley Happy

when you let a carpet seller get in your house, you can become cautious if they want to access your drawer that contains your bank receipts Smiley Happy same for an application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: