Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Verizon

any Pearl 8130 users

My BB Pearl 8130 just lost ability to charge with all my data  in phone and of course, cannot be retrieved to transfer to a new BB phone.    Does anyone know where I can purchase a charged battery that I can use to save all my info ??  thanks for any help and advise !! Had phone 5 yrs,,, first problem  !  I  will  miss  my  BB  !!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: any Pearl 8130 users

Don't know whether this will help, but whenever I have bought original replacement batteries for my Blackberry, they have always arrived with at least quarter power in them, sometimes half power. I can't guarantee that you will get the same but it may be worth a try for the price of a replacement battery.  I tend to use Amazon UK for the replacements. Otherwise who do you know that has the same or similar phone so that you can borrow their battery? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Another thought - Why not use the BB desktop software? Your phone should work with a usb cable into your laptop pc. Then just transfer the data on it.
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

thx for both ideas ~  No one I know uses the BB, so that was out, but gave me the idea to hunt on EBAY, which I have found several for sale,  some as low as 1.00 !!  The cases are a bit worn, but I only need for charging and they include a battery so that will give me an extra one to keep charged !  I  hope this works.  I  have never used a USB cable with the phone, so I may try that for future back up as well !  I  will find  a  way,  just  need patience now !  Thanks again for your reply !!

Contributor

You're welcome. Good luck with ebay and let us know how you get on.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: Metro Pcs

hi,
i asked a question like a long time ago. it was abot that I have a pearl a curve and a bold. my dad gave em to me as he got new ones.I got a samsung gal 3 and i still like the bbrys. How do i move all my old pictures and videos and contact info to my laptop like in a folder? Wud it by using that bbry software?
please let me know. i appreciate it. i also aded u asa frend
School and HS soon!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Please don't post duplicate questions, once is enough.

I've answered your question here:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code