Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus
Accepted Solution

app error 200 - fixes don't work, need help

Hi There,

My Blackberry Bold is locked in a permanent loop of "App Error 200, reset."

I tried the two solutions listed here (connect to downloader and reload software) but the "delete all" buttons are greyed out. 

I tried with and without the battery in, always got the same problem, so I thought I'd delete the applications I could and see what would happen (mainly games and docs on the go stuff - couldn't do anything with the email app and didn't see the main application).

After deleting those, it just goes into an endless loop of app error 200  and the application loader can't connect to the device anymore.  So it seems I've got a brick on my hands.  How do I reset this thing so I can get past this problem?  The instructions say not to remove your blackberry until the app loader has finished, but it's been 20 minutes trying to connect now and nothing has happened...

For what it's worth, when I tried the battery out approach to the app downloader, the PIN number didn't come through, it was either unknown, or just zero.

Any help would be most appreciated!  If there is someway to do a hardware reset, that'd be great, maybe then I can get it to work. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: app error 200 - fixes don't work, need help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

While I've never had to use them, here are some instructions I came across for dealing with a brick-BB. Hope they help you!

http://adlen45.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=123568&p=3&topicID=18834966

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks for that. One of the first steps in that very detailed set of instructions was the clue I (hope I) needed.  That was to upgrade the desktop manager.  I was using 4.6 (came on the CD-ROM with the device), have now upgraded to 4.7 and it seems to be working...  Hopefully I'm underway to recovering my blackberry (after five minutes I'm on task 185 of 445 in replacing all the lost software).

Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated!

Contributor

Unfortunately, it got through to 379 out of 445 and then died due to a "fatal error."  Have tried again, but then the desktop manager locked up.  Sigh, this is not an easy thing to fix...
Contributor

Yee Haw, that procedure on the linked site worked, but first I had to reboot my computer as the other procedure caused Blackberry Device Manager to hang.

Thanks for your help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Woot! Excellent! And we now have confirmation that those instructions work! Yay! I'm glad you got going. Whew!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks again for your help, it's debricked, but now I can't figure out how to set it up.  I've lost email capability (it worked for a couple of hours, but now tells me I don't have messaging set up).  This is driving me crazy!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Yikes...OK...have you re-registered your HRT and re-sent your service books?

Contributor

Ah hah!  I needed to resend (again) the service books.  Thanks again for your great help.
Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome! Cheers!