Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: orange

app error 606

my blackberry 9900 keeps loading with app error 606 reset, it done it for 2 hours and i lick reset and it happens again, i have taken the battery out and put it back in, sometimes it just come on and then doesnt let me press anything and goes straight off! i cant do anything on it and i dont know what to do?!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app error 606

Hello katiebellett

Welcome 

Does BlackBerry desktop software recognise your device when you connect if not you had to use Apploader  to load the OS on your device.Have a look :

KB10144 : How to Force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

I hope you have your device backup ,please try it and let us know.

Additional information : 

KB23954  "App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Carrier: etisalat

hiii
My Carrier: etisalat

my blackberry 9900 keeps loading with app error 606 reset, it done it for 2 hours and i lick reset and it happens again, i have taken the battery out and put it back in, sometimes it just come on and then doesnt let me press anything and goes straight off! i cant do anything on it and i dont know what to do?!

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

[ Edited ]

@clivejohn There is a link to the KB article on that error posted above by @prince2012. To repeat, see http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?ArticleNumber=000023954

Try a hard reset first. Directions linked at the article.

If the hard reset does not fix the problem, I would next try booting in safe mode to do a backup, if possible. The article doesn't mention safe mode, and it may not work, but try. See http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000017877&language=English

Finally, if the hard reset doesn't work, reload the OS. Hopefully you have a backup. Directions to reload the OS are linked at the article.

- Ira