Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

app error 606

I was trying to update the software for a blackberry 9790 since it kept restarting and switching off until I took out the Battery, This started happening ever since I updated to os 7.1. Towards the end of the update the lights went off and now the device is stuck first showing some data in a white screen and then app error 606. When I connect it to the pc it requires me to repair the device And when I do the desktop manager app gets stuck and nothing happens. How do I fix this?
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers at&t

Re: app error 606

I am having the exact same issue with my bold 9900 & was hoping to come here to find a fix for it.  Wonder if anyone else has dealt with this & is able to guieds us through correcting it?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Hi oungbuck

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community

Please Go through this Knowledge Base Article and follow the suggestion:

KB23954 : "App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Hi oungbuck

If your device is  not detected then you had to force the detection of your device using Application loader.But remember in this process you will lose all your device data ,I hope you have your device Backup ,Follow this Knowledge Base to recover your device :

KB10144  :How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

VIA |  Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/HELP-App-Error-606/m-p/1975539#M132231

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cell C

Hello

I am encountering the same problem, I have also done a force detection and got the same result. I have a blackberry curve 9360.

Regards

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers at&t

So I finally was able to reset it back to factory settings then restore from backup. I plugged it into my computer & ran the desktop software but the battery was removed from the phone. I followed all the on screen instructions once the popup came up that needed to repair my device & inserted the battery when it came to a screen saying it was trying to connect to JVM. All like new once again with the most recent OS too. Good luck!
New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

I decided to take the mobile device to the local blackberry help stations and they installed the new software perfectly so the phone is now running. But back to square one where the device is restarting randomly, I even bought a new battery but its still restating.