Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 9300 3G
My Carrier: MTN

app world active, but not working

Hi there. I am using a curve 9300 and have been using my appworld for about 2 years, upgrading, downloading, ID updates, with no problem. All of a sudden, my appworld just stopped. I rebooted after a download, but appworld doesn't work. It shows it as a open app, even after reboot and not using it, but whenever I try to access it, it just doesn't do anything. Any help?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: app world active, but not working

Hello and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

What software version do you have installed on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9300 smartphone?

What version of BlackBerry® App World™ do yo have installed? 

If you reboot by pulling the battery then hold down the Menu key, does App World still appear as running? 

Thanks! 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 9300 3G
My Carrier: MTN

Hi there.

I am running OS 6 and my appworld was doing this with the latest version 3 update. I tried upgrading it to version 4, but still does the same.

Yup, with battery pull, as soon as I can press my menu key, it still appears as running, but can't access appworld.

Thanx for the help. This is a irritating problem
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: personal

I'm having the same problem, but since i updated appworld to version 4. I've tried with 4.0.0.55 and 4.0.0.63 and still the same. Done several battery pulls, nothing seems to solve this problem. I unistalled app world using bb desktop and reintaled, same problem again. 

I have a bb 9800 running os 6.0.3155