Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: pharmacy student

app world can't start

hi there, am having BB curve 9300 3G and it works good , the app world was working good and normal but then suddenly when i click on its icon nothing happen, i try to unistall it and re-install it again many times ,once the phone restart  it returns again nothing happen,but if i intstall it and dont restart it working good. there is msg appears when the phone start up, " uncaught exception: no application instance " i removed any app i have installed but nothing change Smiley Frustrated 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: app world can't start

Hi greatmedo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

This error may be happening because of any third party application that you have Installed on your device , You can try removing those applications one by one to see if that resolves the issue .

Or do a backup of your device and perform a Clean OS Reload of your device software , Check this Knowledge Base for futher help.

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After reload don't restore any third party application from your backup restore only your Contacts and calander entries , for applications you can download fresh from BlackBerry World. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: pharmacy student

Thanks a lot for replay Smiley Happy I'll try what you say but there is something happen nw, when I search app in the app manager there is " blackberry application centre " missing :s is that app important for something or what ?
Elite II

greatmedo wrote:
 when I search app in the app manager there is " blackberry application centre " missing :s is that app important for something or what ?

Hi greatmedo

Where you got this " BlackBerry application center " , If you are unable to locate or delete any applications that you have on your device then I suggest follow the Knowledge Base as suggested , I am sure it will fix your issue.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9670/ Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same thing going on. BB world was working sunday and monday it wouldn't open. Have tried the same things you have with no luck. 

Elite II

teknoclash wrote:

I have the same thing going on. BB world was working sunday and monday it wouldn't open. Have tried the same things you have with no luck. 

Hi teknoclash

Are you still having the issue ? What happen when you click on BlackBerry World icon on your device ? 

New Contributor

Still have the issue. Nothing happens when I click on the icon.
Elite II

teknoclash wrote:
Still have the issue. Nothing happens when I click on the icon.

Hi teknoclash

Which version of BlackBerry world you have on your device ? Have you tried to delete and re-install the same ? 

New Contributor

ver 4.0.0.55 and yes I have deleted and re-installed with the same results. Yesterday I was able to access app world through a message from a vender app installed on my the blackberry (9670). Clicking on the BB world icon/ app still wont open the app at this time. Just may have to reset the device. Have any idea's.

Elite II

teknoclash wrote:

ver 4.0.0.55 and yes I have deleted and re-installed with the same results. Yesterday I was able to access app world through a message from a vender app installed on my the blackberry (9670). Clicking on the BB world icon/ app still wont open the app at this time. Just may have to reset the device. Have any idea's.

Hi teknoclash

You can try reloading your device Software , Check this Knowledge base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows