Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2 uk

app world refresh connection problem

i have an unusual problem with app world. I can buy apps and download apps fine my problem is every time i try refreshing my past purchases i get the message " we cannot connect you to blackberry app world . please check commedction and try again" i have tried everything i can think of including wiping hand set and starting from scratch.

anyone got any suggestions

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: app world refresh connection problem

Hello deadgin,

Does your BlackBerry have a Wi-Fi connection enabled? If so, try disconnecting from the Wi-Fi and then refresh.

Also, what version of AppWorld are you using? Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications

or Options -> Applications and look for the version number.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Having the same problem. I'm running the v2-36 and all the permissions are set to Allow.

I am on Pearl 8130 and running OS 4.5.0.127

- I can't download any applications. I get a 'This application is not available in App World' error.

- I can't set up PayPal information. It tells me my password is incorrect when I know it is correct.

- I can't upgrade existing apps, apps that are free.

If there is no solution to these problems, can I get a certain date by which you hope to resolve the issue?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hey JameB,

Were you able to log in with your BlackBerry ID? To ensure your ID works, try going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from a computer and test logging in.

Are you getting any error when trying to update free applications?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

Somehow the problem is now fixed. All I did is uninstall App World after getting frustrated yesterday night and restarted the phone.

I just installed the app world again and everything works fine! I can log into the App World, download apps and I just set up my PayPal!

However, I know a lot of people are still having problems so:

I was able to log in with my blackberry id on my computer yesterday night. But I couldn't log in from my phone. I also wasn't able to set up PayPal.

When I tried to download apps, I kept getting error message after like 3-4 minutes saying the "Blackberry App World could not connect to Blackberry <something>. Please check your network connections and try again."  I had my MSN running and I was searching Google for possible solution while I received this message. So obviously it wasn't that my phone's data services were disabled.

EDIT: I just restarted the phone and again I got the same "can't connect to App World Server" error. Then after restarting one more time, it was fine again. I hope you guys release a stable version of App World soon..

Contributor
My Device: Blod 9700
My Carrier: Project Manager

hello, same problem for me here in France ! -> I am on 3G (plus the icon blackberry) and when I try to open the detail of the application I have this message : "we cannot connect you to blackberry app world . please check commedction and try again" and I phone go back to 3G (without the blackberry icon).

I've also checked the aplication autorisations and all are on 'allow".

Could you help me please ?