Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: app world will not let me download

Firdoaz wrote:
I tried downgrading with the desktop manager, but in the application manager I cannot find bb app world the old version can only see my existing apps. I'm nt winning.

Hi Firdoaz,

To do this, you need to download the OS from your carrier's website first and install it to your computer.  You can find your carrier's site here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Hi Krypto

I have tried again this morning and received the sme message - i also switched off the phone and took out the battery, but it made no difference Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have downloaded the os from the above link and the new version of bb app world is only available. I can't find the old version in the list of apps. So no winning there. Any other solutions?? Anxiously awaiting a solution.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Firdoaz wrote:
I have downloaded the os from the above link and the new version of bb app world is only available. I can't find the old version in the list of apps. So no winning there. Any other solutions??

hello Firdoaz,

Krypto's reply was about downgrading the OS, not about downgrading AppWorld. As far as I know, Appworld is not included in the OS, and AppWorld 1.x cannot be downloaded anymore.

You can only download the latest version of AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi I can now download applications with the new upgrade of bb app world. Thanks. Just 1 thing now, the downloaded applications those icons seem to be hidden, any idea where they are being stored?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

as you can see in the section below your avatar on the forum, your device is "not specified". This makes it difficult for people to remember what device you are using, and the same for your OS.

you can set that by clicking on the "My Settings" link on the top of the current page (below the grey ribbon).

for any application you download through AppWorld, it is available in AppWorld using the "My World" icon. You can launch it from there.

For any application you download (AppWorld or not), the icons are available "somewhere" on the home screen, it can be in the "Downloads" folder for example. On the home screen, you can reveal hidden icons by opening the menu and ticking the "Show All" item.

Then browse through every single folder you have to find those applications you have just installed.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Tour

yes, i upgraded app world and it keeps telling me there is a problem verifying with paypal and then forces me back to the signup screen.   i also just hopped up here to my pc to try to figure out what is happening with everyone else.      furthermore,    i can't believe that app world wants me agree to allow apps to be purchased without having to enter a password for paypal with each purchase.   i hit enter to allow it but it wouldn't verify.

what is going on?

Contributor
My Device: Tour

read thru all this chain and deleted blackberry id and used a new email and works fine now.  

Highlighted

I have the same issues. I am in south africa have an 8250 curve and my carrier is vodacom I upgraded to the new version of app world and now I can't log into it is there a way I can down grade as I have tried everything possible and that you have listed. Please help I keep getting notified that I have upgrades available and that icon on my screen and I can't do anything about it. Going mad
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: o2

I have recently updated my blackberry bold 9700 software to os6 and I tried to download some apps such What's app but it says download failed i've wiped my phone and still dont work please someone help me :'(