Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

app world will not let me upgrade to the 2.12.4 version ...

app world will not let me upgrade to the 2.12.4 version of quicklaunch
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: app world will not let me upgrade to the 2.12.4 version ...

Hi there!

Another user has discovered a way to accomplish this upgrade. While we do not have a complete set of steps as of yet, they report the need to remove all traces of the app from their BB -- deleting the app, deleting anything on the SD card related to the app, etc. After that, they were able to use the instructions in this section of the AppWorld user guide to install the update:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.975 on Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi, I've had the same problem and have been waiting for a response from BlackBerry Customer Support. In the meantime I just saw this post and thought I would give it a try. Well, I logged into My World and selected QuickLaunch to delete it. To my surprise it reported the 2.12.4 upgrade was available. I downloaded it, rebooted and have confirmed that it is indeed v2.12.4. I'm pleased! Smiley Happy

Please give this a try and see if you encounter the same thing. If so, please report back here and also mark this as Resolved.

Thanks,

Ray K.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

RayK -- FYI -- these "Questionnnnnn" posts aren't really respondable by the OP. These posts come to the forums when folks go to the RIM support site and select something like "AppWorld General"...rather than going to an internal RIM queue, the post gets routed here anonymously and replies here go back to the OP as an email. Only if the OP comes back and registers an account here does the post get re-applied to their new ID on these forums. That's why you will always see a tag on my responses to them telling them where to come and register if they need anything further.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.975 on Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

sdgardne, thanks for the FYI! I'm still learning my way around here and you have been most helpful. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Ray K.